- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 medium bunch ramps, bulbs & greens divided
- 1 large leek, trimmed, cleaned well, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- pinch dried marjoram
- 2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth, homemade if possible. Homemade adds a creaminess that store bought won't.
- 1 container chicken demi glace or several bouillon cubes
- zest + juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced to ½-inch cubes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 C. cream
- In a heavy stockpot melt butter over low heat. Finely chop ramp bulbs; reserve leaves. Add ramp bulbs, leeks, carrots and marjoram to the pot. Sprinkle with a large pinch of salt; stir to coat in butter and sauté, over medium-low heat, until vegetables are softened.
- Add stock, 2 teaspoons of salt, and potatoes and demi glace. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Using an immersion blender, partially blend soup. Add black pepper, taste and adjust salt. Bring soup back to a lively simmer. Chiffonade ramp leaves and add to the soup. Cover, turn off heat, and allow to sit until ramp flavor has suffused the soup, but leaves are still bright green, about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust flavors once more. Stir in the cream and serve warm.
|I wanted to make them a dessert too so I made strawberry cobblers.||Here is the recipe :|
For the filling:
For the topping:
To make the filling:
To make the topping: