Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon

 My daughter and her boyfriend had the day together yesterday which doesn't happen often.  They both work such long hours that when they get a day off, they usually just want to relax.  I offered to make them a good dinner.  Her boyfriend loves birds and that is one thing I have an over abundance of around here.  My bird population is out of control!  So, yesterday evening, they went to the guest house with binoculars and a bird book and I served them dinner.  I was so busy that I forgot to take pics.  I made these caraway breadsticks and wrapped them in proscuitto.

 I made rice cakes and topped them with a truffled parsnip puree and brown butter and thyme seared scallops.  I made lots of other appetizers for them too.

This salmon was a big hit and it is so easy to make:

Comments

Sounds like a delightful day!
Susan said…
Catered bird-watching! Heaven!
Anonymous said…
I must try parsnip puree, I've never eaten that and breadsticks wrapped in proscitto sounds rather yummy :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
I love salmon, so this is right up my alley.
Rain said…
I just love salmon with garlic and lemon and butter! Though trout is my favourite. I hope one day to catch a salmon of my own. :) Your caraway sticks look really yummy. Joyce you're such a giving woman, an inspiration. :)
Nellie said…
How lucky your daughter and boyfriend were! Your food is amazing!
TARYTERRE said…
Sounds like a perfect day with a perfect meal to fill tummies.
It's so like you to spoil them and give them such a nice leisure time.
Birds. How ..well..yes..I guess there can be a wee too many birds now that I think about it! :)