Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon

 My daughter and her boyfriend had the day together yesterday which doesn't happen often.  They both work such long hours that when they get a day off, they usually just want to relax.  I offered to make them a good dinner.  Her boyfriend loves birds and that is one thing I have an over abundance of around here.  My bird population is out of control!  So, yesterday evening, they went to the guest house with binoculars and a bird book and I served them dinner.  I was so busy that I forgot to take pics.  I made these caraway breadsticks and wrapped them in proscuitto.

 I made rice cakes and topped them with a truffled parsnip puree and brown butter and thyme seared scallops.  I made lots of other appetizers for them too.

This salmon was a big hit and it is so easy to make:

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like a delightful day!

Susan said...

Catered bird-watching! Heaven!

thecottagebythecranelakethree said...

I must try parsnip puree, I've never eaten that and breadsticks wrapped in proscitto sounds rather yummy :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.

Guillaume said...

I love salmon, so this is right up my alley.

Rain said...

I just love salmon with garlic and lemon and butter! Though trout is my favourite. I hope one day to catch a salmon of my own. :) Your caraway sticks look really yummy. Joyce you're such a giving woman, an inspiration. :)

Nellie said...

How lucky your daughter and boyfriend were! Your food is amazing!

TARYTERRE said...

Sounds like a perfect day with a perfect meal to fill tummies.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

It's so like you to spoil them and give them such a nice leisure time.
Birds. How ..well..yes..I guess there can be a wee too many birds now that I think about it! :)