Some Lebanese Please


 A good old friend of mine was having house guests this weekend.  Her sister was bringing her new fiance to meet the family.  The fiance is Lebanese.  I had a couple free days so I offered to make them some food. I had so much fun preparing this. I made kaak which is the bread with the holes in it.  And Turkish simit though I am sure there is a Lebanese version of this same bread. I'm not sure hwat it is called.

 I made a big spinach pie, a Lebanese cucumber and tomato salad, garlic sauce, hummus, baba ganough, Tzatziki, roasted red peppers and pickles.

 I made Lebanese rice too.  It always has toasted vermicelli in it (think the original Rice-a-roni).

 The hummus was decorated with paprika, parsley and toasted pine nuts.


 Stuffed zucchini with lamb and rice and a ton of spices, very tasty.

I threw in an American chocolate cake frosted with a rich chocolate ganache.  My husband delivered it to them just as the guests arrived.

The fiance said he couldn't wait to go home and tell his Lebanese family that a Polish woman cooked him authentic Lebanese food.  Ha!

Comments

A lovely (and tasty) gesture!
You are a good friend for making all those delicious looking dishes. I am sure her company appreciated it all.
CalamityJr said…
What a great tasting gift! Living in Peoria IL, where we have the largest Lebanese population outside of Lebanon, all these dishes look absolutely delicious. We've got to find a way to send food through the internet!
Linda said…
That all looks very delicious!
Gemmagirl said…
What a lovely feast and such a warm and generous welcome. Bless you.
Diana from Canada
TARYTERRE said…
what a lovely feast. comfort food from home. he had to be delighted.
Unknown said…
You are always so sweet! I'd love your recipes, or even the name of the cookbook or link to the site where you found them! I have a feeling this is something I could surprise my meat-and-potatoes hubby with that he'd love. If not I'll have my son invite his friends over - college kids love new foods and John would enjoy learning a few more recipes before he leaves the nest!
jaz@octoberfarm said…
hi angie! most all of these recipes are on my blog. just type what you are looking for into my search bar and it will take you to them
peeko03 said…
You are great! Why oh why can't you be MY neighbor? :)
Susan said…
I think it was a miracle that you had two whole days free! The fiancé must have thought he died and landed in Heaven!
Rain said…
You just never know do you? I'm a Scottish Canadian who makes amazing Jewish Deli food! I can't make haggis for the life of me. Your food looks delicious, and I admit, even living in a big cultural hub like Montreal, I never ate Lebanese food!
Diane said…
Wow what a mouth watering post, it all looks quite delicious. Diane