A Gift for Someone You Don't Know

 The parents of my daughter's boyfriend were passing through town for a quick visit with him and to meet my daughter for the first time.  There wasn't time for my husband and I to meet them but I wanted to at least send them a greeting until we meet them sometime in the future.  What do you give someone when you don't know them?

 Whatever you give them, I think it should be wrapped nicely.  I could do a whole post on my ideas about gift giving and maybe I will do that in the future.  However, I believe a gift is not a gift unless a lot of thought goes into it. No matter what is being given, I think it should always be wrapped as nicely as possible.  That alone shows that you care enough to take the time to make something look special.  So, what can you give a total stranger that puts a big smile on their face and a food memory in their mind?

 A dozen killer chocolate chip cookies is a good start.

My daughter said that The Chef's parents were totally thrilled.

You can find the recipe here:  http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2011/02/chocolate-chip-cookies.html

Comments

Perfect! Who DOESN'T love chocolate chip cookies?
Rain said…
That's a perfect gift Joyce! The box itself is very beautiful. :)
Leanna said…
The perfect gift. Cookies are always a great gift because it's from the heart. The box and wrapping is so beautiful. The flowers are perfect.
Susan said…
I so agree, although I am guilty of slipping on the visual thoughtfulness sometimes. But it does make you feel quite happy and loved when someone hands you a pretty box!
Anonymous said…
Who wouldn't have been frilled :-) and I do know how nice You wrap gifts!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
I think I'd be happy with an empty box, if it has that wrapping as a gift. It shows how much time you took and how much you care. But cookies? That's such a great idea!
TARYTERRE said…
whatever the gift, big or small... presentation is everything.