Garlic Butter Roasted Cod on Mashed Cauliflower

If you are eating low carb and you want a delicious meal, make this recipe.  Even if you aren't eating low carb you should give this a try. It takes very little prep time too.  Cut up a head of cauliflower and place it in salted water and cook it until it is tender when pierced with a fork.  Drain well and mix with 2 T. cream cheese, 2 T. butter a bit of milk and salt and pepper.  Mash this adding additional milk until you get a mashed potato consistency.

Cut cod into individual portions, dry them and place them on a cookie sheet.  Brush them with garlic butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper and paprika.  Bake them for about 20 minutes depending on how thick the pieces are.  Remove them from the oven and turn on the broiler.  Finish them by gently browning them.  Serve over the mashed cauliflower and spoon some of the butter left on the cookie sheet over the top.  Sprinkle with some diced parsley or basil.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I do like cod but cauliflower :-) no :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Susan said…
I love everything about this recipe!
Rain said…
I agree with Susan, love everything about this recipe. One of my favourite comfort meals is a "meaty" fish with mashed potatoes, I'd love to try mashed cauliflower for a change!
Alicia Foodycat said…
I love cauli mash with seafood - I've done it with scallops fried in garlic often. This looks great.
Guillaume said…
Garlic and cod... You know how to make me hungry. My favourite stuff brought together.
Candace said…
Haddock instead of cod for me but the mashed cauliflower sounds so good right now.
TARYTERRE said…
i love fish. use to have coddies when i was a kid. this recipe of yours looks delicious.