Sunday, July 9, 2017

Lamb Meatballs

 I am in  Fall mood!  I bought supplies to decorate my front porch this year.  I'll show it to you when it is done.

 I also headed out in the country yesterday to buy some local ingredients to make some food for my kids and their significant others.  I bought local lamb to make Greek meatballs.  I add a few tablespoons of garlic butter to my meatballs to give the good texture and wonderful flavor.  For this recipe I added fresh chopped rosemary, grated onion, eggs, breadcrumbs, S&P, parsley, cumin and turmeric.

 Then baked them in the over at 350 degrees for about 22 minutes.

 Local broccoli.
 Corn from Virginia.

 I roasted the broccoli with shaved garlic.

 And roasted the corn with butter, herbs and a bit of Old Bay seasoning.

 I made another spanakopita.  I've been making a lot of these lately.

One order packed up and ready to be delivered.  They got tzatziki too but I forgot the pic.

7 comments:

Rain said...

I love Greek dinners! Once in a while I'll make chicken souvlakis with tzaziki and Greek potatoes, mmm! You know, I've always wanted to make a spanakopita...I have a recipe for it. I'm just going to hope my spinach grows back so I can use my own! If not, I'll get some at the market, I remember eating a lot of that back in the day with taramasalata.
PS: I'm sitting on my porch, it's a little windy and very sunny, watching the fairies drift by from the mirror chain :)))
PPS: We LOVED those chocolates! Alex especially! Big thanks from both of us!!!

Connie said...

Wow!!! Do those kids know what a treasure they have in having you as a mother. That meal looks amazing!
Happy Fall Decorating!
Connie :)

Guillaume said...

I love lamb meatballs.

Kev Alviti said...

This looks like a good feed! Love everything you've made!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm still intending to try your spanakopita recipe this summer to see if it is better or easier than the recipe I already use.

TARYTERRE said...

i love lamb. those meatballs are mouthwatering. yum. yum.

Beth Brown said...

The corn makes my mouth water! I've never had lamb but those look scrumptious!