The Fair in the Woods part ll



 One thing I really love about these August fairs is that you can always get your Fall on.

 I don't know where they got them but they had large wonderful PUMPKINS!!!  I need pumpkins in the worst way.

 There were lots of scarecrows for sale.

 These windchimes were made out of old silver flatware and cups.


There were lots of signs you could buy for your summer camp. Click any pic to enlarge.
 Handmade rugs.


 Ceramic toadstools for your garden.

 Quilts.

 And brooms...I have such a weakness for a good handmade broom.  I walked into this fair making my daughter promise to stop me if I tried to buy another broom.  I ended up buying one for her.

 This booth sold tablecloths, placemats, potholders, etc., all made from Fall materials.

 Witches.


 These weighted sunflowers were cute. It would be fun to have these on the porch for Fall.

 Jack O'Lantern burning barreles. These must look so scary at night when lit.  Hmmmm...time to get my JOL chiminea out!

 This was my favorite booth of all.  It was run by a nice guy from Ukraine that just happens to be a mushroom hunter specializing in morels.  He was selling some really nice stuff. This past season he harvested almost 400 lbs of morels.  I would love to know his secret!


There are always lots of pottery booths at these fairs and this one had lots of chip and dip plates for sale.  I should have bought one for The Blog Tech.  He is a nacho chip fan like no other.

More pics tomorrow and I'll show you what I came home with.

Comments

Pumpkin and broom addictions are hard to beat alright.
Leanna said…
OMG! I love this! I would be taking out a home loan if I was there.
Anonymous said…
I do like those ceramic snails! They are just soo cool! The rest of the ceramics wasn't bad either :-)

I must buy some rugs to have in the dog house this winter, puppies have a tendency to rip them apart :-)and perhaps some quilts for my sofa. Nova decided she should dig small holes in it. She has never done anything like that before so why start when she's eight :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
Pumpkins, Jack O'Lanterns, autumnal stuff... and a fair in the woods. I just love it. In the town where I live there is a local fair in September, but I don't think it can beat this one.
Teacats said…
Wow!! Another wonderful posting!! LOVE THE BROOMS!! I keep mine in a old plastic cauldron by the front door! And those burning barrel Jack O Lanterns are so marvelous!

Cheers! Jan at Rosemary Cottage
TARYTERRE said…
oh my i would love to tag along on one of your fair jaunts. such beautiful things. i love the scary jack o lanterns.
Agnieszka said…
This is WONDERFUL! I wish there was a fair like that where I live!
I am really enjoying August in my garden with all the ripe fruit and veggies and all, but I do already long for autumn, there's just something very special about it!