Fall Flowering Clematis

 I am less than thrilled with a lot of my climbing plants but I have no complaints st al about Fall Flowering Clematis.  It is one of those plants that is a joy to have growing in your garden.  It goes about it's business all Spring and Summer long, no attention needed.  Then suddenly...BOOM!  You have this.

I have it planted in many areas in all kinds of conditions and it never fails to put on a show.
 My sunflowers are bending to the remnants of Hurricane Harvey.

 I added my chainsaw carved pumpkins to the Salem sign.  I am still playing around with ideas for how and where to use it.


 Teddy makes sure her paws are in the dry spot.  Wet paws = a chow chows worst nightmare.

 Yeah..I'm talkin' about you.

 The nightmare year of Magnolia pods!

I just swept up a bushel of them, turned around and they are back.  It's easy to turn an ankle on these things. Why so many this year?

Comments

Leanna said…
AHAHAHAAA! Poor Teddy, always talked about. That sign might look good with a lot of flowers growing tall around it. I had a beautiful clematis with purple flowers. The Texas heat got to it and killed it.
Anonymous said…
I don't have any autumn flowering clematis any longer, my last one died last year. I actually think I only have two clematis left in total now days. I'll see if I can fiund a good omne next year.

I can fully understand Teddy! I had to put on wet socks today, they hadn't dried outside after I washed them yesterday and it was really unpleasant :-)

It must have been a perfect spring for Your magnolia since it has so man fruits! I have two magnolias and none has ever even shown a flower bud :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Rain said…
Aww, Teddy is adorable! I hate having "soakers" too lol...Your clematis is very magical looking Joyce, I love the Salem decor! So beautiful!!!
Connie said…
I have not seen a Fall Flowering Clematis, but would love to plant one. It is beautiful!
TARYTERRE said…
poor teddy. i hate wet feet too. love your sign.
Linda said…
I do know that oak trees who throw off many acorns know that they are dying and just want to sow their seed/acorn in abundance to insure more oaks. Maybe the magnolia is doing the same thing. ??? One year, I could not see the ground under my hundred-year-old oak. The next year, I must have had 100,000 tiny oaks trees. I am not exaggerating! I am still trying to kill them ten years later. It's a nightmare.
Carol said…
My autumn clematis was saved from death by zealous son-in-law with weed wacker. I hate helpers who do not know their plants. This clematis is the background to many family photos. I only have one but I do love it.
Bee Haven Bev said…
I'll bet you are happy as can be with the autumn like weather!!! I, too, am ready for the end of summer. Happy Labor Day, Joyce!!!
Guillaume said…
My parents have clematis in their garden they make it look so lovely.
chickpea678 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
chickpea678 said…
My clematis doesn't look like that!
Alice said…
I had a fall clematis given to me from a "start" and it grew on my arbor many years. One year, Hubby asked if he could clean it up at the end of the season. Instead, he ripped it out! AUGhhhhh. Next summer, I found a piece that rooted and now it grows on another arbor. And planted Red Blaze roses on the first arbor.