The Work on the Cottage Continues

 I had nothing to post today.  It's not that I haven't been cooking.  It's just that I have been so busy that I forgot to take pics of what I made.  It's the cottage project that has me distracted.  There are so many small details to consider not to mention the big ones too.  So, I thought I would give you a peek into some of what I am planning.  The place is so small that the front will be the focus, especially the front porch.  So I am doing it in a big way, literally.  When I decorate small spaces, I always go big.  I use big pieces which makes the area look larger than it actually is.  This is the doorknocker.  It is HUGE and very heavy.  I thought a large 'Greenman' was most appropriate for a little witch to have on her front door.


 The doorknobs...I love them.

 The door push.

The front porch light is packed and won't be unwrapped until it is ready to be installed but here is a pick of it.  As you can see by the measurements, it is also rather large.  More to come as the project continues.

Comments

Susan said…
It is going to be....FABULOUS!
Leanna said…
I LOVE THAT DOORKNOCKER!!! It's soooo big and pretty! I can't wait to see the finished product. Do keep us informed.
Anonymous said…
That is one magnificent door knocker!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanne said…
Oh my goodness LOVE LOVE Love the door knocker. It is going to look fab! Looking forward to seeing more progress photos.
StrictlyMystic said…
What a great version of the Greenman! He looks like King Neptune. Every choice you made is absolutely beautiful.
Guillaume said…
I love the look of Greenmen. Fascinating, sometimes scary.
TARYTERRE said…
love the doorknocker and doorknobs you picked out. bigger is better you're right.