Brazilian Wedding Preview

[Written last night at 7 p.m.]

Hey everyone!  So the wedding today is at 8 p.m. and dinner doesn't get served until around 10 p.m.  As you might've imagined, I've begun to suspect that I may not have time to write a full post about the wedding today!  So, in the event that this is the case, I am going to write a little mini-post.

Today, I had breakfast with my wife, her aunt and uncle, and her two cousins (one of whom will be getting married within the next two hours!).

Brazilian breakfasts are a bit lighter than American fare.  We had eggs, but they were hard-boiled.  There was nothing fried.  We had options such as greek yogurt, bread rolls, and ham.

After this, Thais and I took a stroll down to a local coffee shop.  It was my first time walking around here.  It is very hot!  Goiania is further away from the coast (it's actually a fifteen hour drive from here to Rio de Janeiro, which blows my mind a bit), so it is much warmer.  This whole week will be in the low-to-mid nineties.  It does get much cooler at night, though.

I took pictures of a few things that caught my interest.

There is a focus on security in Brazil that we don't see in America.  This heavily-fortified building is, near as I could tell, a music store.  Apparently Goiania is very safe, however, and furthermore, this is the nicest part of town.


This is a public trash can.  Or trash basket, I suppose.  You put your bagged trash in here.  


Graffiti which translates as 'Get Rid of Temer'.  Temer is the current president of Brazil.  As an American in 2017, I can sympathize with this message.


Some interesting artwork I saw.


A typical sidewalk in this particular area.  



I don't know what the deal is with this particular scene, but it struck me as interesting.


Some more interesting graffiti.  Cedo ou Tardo translates to, "Early or Late?"


Lovely artwork adorning this particular building.  Notice the water spout at the top!  


Gecko!  It's at the edge of the sidewalk to the immediate left of the tree.


Lunch is the big meal of the day here.  Today, we ate at home with the same folks as were present for breakfast.  This here is a lasagna of sorts.  Read on for more details.


Sausages from the Beef Boutique with peppers and tomatoes.  Delicious!


This is the lasagna!  Vertical, as opposed to the traditionally horizontal, lasagna.  Very good.  I had more than I am willing to admit.


For dessert, a coconut custard.  I am really a big fan of all the coconut-based foods here in Brazil.

Okay, I have my suit on and am looking all fancy for the wedding.  My wife is somewhere in the building getting her makeup done.  I feel they will come for me soon!  I may write more later on tonight, or perhaps not until tomorrow.  Boa noite!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That breakfast sound almost like a Swedish one but we tend to have some kind of cereals too.

That lasagna looks interesting but I guess it would taste much the same if it was made the way we're used to :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Linda said…
that much security in the 'safe' part of town indicates it is not safe at all. That gecko looks like he jumped right off the tv screen...lol. I hope we see lots of pictures of the wedding. I wonder about the breakfast, healthy and light. Are all your dinners served late? I am enjoying this series of yours.
Guillaume said…
Yummy sausages. I would never go to a tropical place in autumn though. Never, ever, ever.
TARYTERRE said…
Thank you for the tour. The food looks delicious, particularly that lasagna.