Girl's Night

 Without Teddy fiercely guarding her domain, I was actually able to resurrect girl's night here for the first time in years.  My girlfriend's were more than ready.  I baked some chewy maple, brown sugar cookies.

 I got a request for bierocks which is a bit strange to build a meal around since they are meant to be a meal substitute on their own.  I made some coleslaw and homemade pickles to go with them.

 And mac and cheese.  Girls love mac and cheese!

 I made another chocolate cake because girls love chocolate too.

 I baked some french bread and served it with compound butter and radishes.

The bierocks....you can find the step by step recipe here:  https://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2011/02/special-super-bowl-treat.html   Girl's night was a success except that it should be called Old Hag's Night!

Comments

What a feast! And you know, we're always girls in our hearts. Girls wondering "WTF happened?"
Susan said…
Girl's night is always a good night! What a feast!
Carol said…
The soothing power of girlfriends, nothing like it. Add food and a perfect evening.
Leanna said…
AHHH, girls night. How I miss those nights. The giggling and gossip and watching chick flicks. The nights we all drank warm saki and cooked Asian food. Yes, drunk women making wonton eggrolls and laughing so hard we all fell out of our chairs. I miss those times.
Theresa Y said…
Boy o boy everything looks just delicious. Hope you had fun!
Anonymous said…
I would have been a girl for one night if I could have food like that :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
That looks so delicious. I love a good mac and cheese, my wife made a gret one for Wolfie recently. But it was not as nice as the one we usually have, with capers and Dijon mustard.
TARYTERRE said…
the healing power of girlfriends. what could be better than that? couple that with great food and you've got an extraordinary night.
Jan Hebert said…
Oh my, I'd love to be considered an Old Hag if it meant being invited to a girls night like this! Your table is beautiful and the food looks delicious. I'm checking out the recipe as I've never heard of this dish. Sometimes there is a silver lining. I'm happy that you are posting again. We missed you but your son did a great job! Loved reading about local places in a blog, haha. Salem, Rockport are both very close to me but I usually avoid Salem this time of year, too many tourists!
Leighway said…
Can you post a recipe for your Chewy Brown Sugar Maple cookies? They sound perfect for the season.
Many thanks! sandy
Unknown said…
The chewy maple, brown sugar cookies look divine! Any chance you’de Be willing to post the recipe for a fellow “girl” friend.
Jim said…
I would be very quiet at your next 'girls night'....I promise!!
Tech Cloud Ltd said…
Thanks for sharing such a mouth-watering recipe. I like to capture and edit delicious food images as I’m working on a photo-cutout-service platform for editing kinds of stuff. I hope you girls enjoyed it a lot. Anyways very good sharing; please keep sharing more. I’ll definitely visit your blog again. photo-cutout-service