A Christmas Festival


 We went to a Christmas festival in Amish country last Saturday.  You know you are in Amish country when you see the cornstalks cut and stacked like this.

 And, of course, when you see the buggies.

 Or maybe when you see an Amish guy walking along the side of the road.  Not many cars around here.



 My favorite potter is in this town.  Notice her railing has vase cutouts!

 An impressive Amish made table.

 And Amish men rebuilding this porch.  Many Amish are excellent carpenters.


It wasn't much of a festival but I bought a couple of these to hold my apple cider for Thanksgiving.
 These will keep my cider nice and cold.

 And I bought this salt shaker because I think it's cool.

It's hollow and you pour salt into it through this hole. Then you just shake it when you want the salt to come out.

Comments

I went to a Christmas market on the weekend too, put on by the local Scandinavian society. We took an elderly friend with us who doesn't get out much and she had a great time!
Gemmagirl said…
We live a hop and stop away from our Amish community in Southern Ontario. My dream is to get one of their quilts. You got some pretty interesting finds. Thank you for sharing.
NanaDiana said…
I love places like that. It is like stepping back a half century and just enjoying the simple things of life. Love the pottery pieces. xo Diana
Guillaume said…
Christmastime already?
TARYTERRE said…
love the containers you got to hold your apple cider.