|I make lots of sandwiches for The Chef so I am always trying new roll recipes to create different types. Yesterday I made these carrot and cheddar rolls.|
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4½ teaspoons rapid rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup cold butter, grated
- 5-1/2 cups flour
- Pour the water and milk in a large bowl. Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the liquid.
- Add the salt, carrots, cheese, butter and egg. Stir well.
- Add 3 cups of the flour.
- Add 2 – 2½ cups of flour mixing until smooth and silky.
- Place the kneaded dough into an oiled bowl and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Let it rise for 45 minutes to an hour; It will have at least doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down to remove the air and divide into 18 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Place 9 rolls on on a cookie sheet covered in parchment and nine on a second sheet. Cover the rolls with clean kitchen towels and let them rise for another 30 minutes while you preheat the oven to 375.
- After the rolls have risen, bake them for 13-18 minutes, until golden brown.
|I turned them into muffaletta sandwiches for both The Chef and my workers.|