Cooking for the Workers

 I made hot dog buns yesterday and used this recipe:

  • 4-1/2 tsp. rapid rise yeast
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 14 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 8 -8 12 cups flour

Directions

  1. In a mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in  water with sugar and then let stand about 5 minutes.
  2.  Beat in oil, salt and 4 cups flour until smooth. Stir in flour to form a soft dough.
  3. Place in a greased bowl turning once to grease the top.
  4. Cover and let rise 45 minutes.
  5. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured board, divide into 18 pieces.
  6. Shape into an oval.
  7. Place 2 inches apart on a parchment covered baking sheets.
  8. With scissors cut a 1/4-inch slash across the top of each.
  9. Cover and let rise 20 minutes.
  10. Bake at 400° for 18 minutes until golden brown.
  11. Remove to wire racks to cool.
 Some days I take the time to form these properly.

 Some daysI don't and just go for the rustic look.

The workers devoured them! One guy ate 3 of them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It doesn't matter how they look, the taste is everything :-) I wish I had some here right now, I have lots of hotdogs but no breads and I'm just too tired to bake any :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Valerie said…
Oh Yum! I think I gain weight just reading your blog--everything you make looks so luscious. Today we are having our first winter storm--wind and snow. It would be a good day to bake bread.
Leanna said…
I'm sure the guys don't care if it's rustic looking or not. They have something delicious no matter what.
Linda said…
Often, I read your blog and it is time for me to eat, but I am not hungry. As soon as I read and see your post, I am immediately ready for whatever meal at hand.
Rain said…
Rustic is just fine! They look so appetizing! :)
Leanne said…
I always feed the workers and they always appreciate it. No doubt your fellas are going the extra mile for you and look forward to their smoko's from you
Guillaume said…
Funny, I stuffed myself with hot dogs yesterday. Those look yummy too.
I'm sure that "rustic" tastes even better!
TARYTERRE said…
rustic looks appetizing. yum.
Jim said…
The classic hotdog! But from scratch!! Looks delicious.