Cottage Update

 You remember that my daughter's cottage was looking like this not long ago.

 Well, we finally have some progress.

 The cabinets are in as are most of the appliances.  No knobs on the cabinets yet.  That will be done later.

 A new back door and she now has a dishwasher.  You can see we exposed the joists in the ceiling.  Doing so makes this small area feel so much bigger.  Today they will finish the ceiling off, paint it and add the lighting.

 The new sink and faucet.

 The new washer and dryer are covered until the painters finish their work.

 We pulled the walls back as far as we could to make a bit of extra space in the entry to the laundry room.
 And a big decision was to take the wall out along the side of the stairs.  The stairs will be replaced next week and a butcher block counter will go in this new area along with butcher block shelves.

 A new center island that still needs to be trimmed out.  The counter tops are actually a white quartz with thin gray veining but the light bulb hanging in here makes them look yellow.

 The work area has plenty of space to move around in.

The floors are fabulous but they are covered until the workers finish.  So, a bit of progress.  I hope to have more to show you soon.

Comments

Wow, what a difference. I love to see remodeling and all the changes that have been made.
Carol said…
Oh my the labor behind each of those changes. It will be charming. Joyce I am nosy. Does your son no longer work with kids? I loved so much your posts about the fabulous feasts you provided. I am prying I know but he is such a wonderful young man.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
my son still works with kids but in a different location and the kids are not impoverished. by the end of last year, i was cooking for 80 kids and i finally hit my limit. when i started cooking for the kids 4 years earlier, there were less than 15. 80 ended up being too much for me.i burned out my residential appliances cooking for the men's shelter and i didn't want to burn out another set.
NanaDiana said…
Oh! It is looking fantastic. You have come a long way since the startup. I bet you all just can't wait to see it finished and livable. Taking the ceiling out really adds a lot of height to the room, doesn't it?

Hope you have a great day! xo Diana
Rain said…
Lucky gal :) Everything looks nice so far! I'm envious of those appliances!
Susan said…
What a difference! It looks like one of those magic houses that is the size of a tent outside, then becomes ten times bigger when you go in! Your daughter (and her chef) must be thrilled!
SantasHauntedB said…
Looks fabulous! Please keep us posted on the progress!
Linda said…
your response to Carol cleared up a few mysteries for me. Is your son a social worker or teacher? Is this the same son who went to South America? I don't know how many children you have. I love to see construction and reconstruction in progress.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
yes he is a social worker. and a good one too. his kids love him and even went to his wedding. i have a son and a daughter.
Anonymous said…
Looking forward to see how it looks when it is finished!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanna said…
I can't wait until the whole thing is finished. It's looking good.
Guillaume said…
Looks nice! I wish I was living in such a cottage.
TARYTERRE said…
what a difference. looks fabulous.
Blogoratti said…
A really grand transformation, feels like one of those house transformation shows on TV. Best wishes!
Betty said…
WOW, you have done so much work and it is looking great.
Quite a difference. And getting so much in a small space. Looking forward to seeing the end result.:)