Delicious Pork Loin Roast and Oven Roasted Zucchini

I made this dinner for my family yesterday and my husband said it was the best pork he's ever eaten.
Buy a pork loin roast.  You could use pork tenderloins as well.

Remove the silver buy slipping a sharp knife under the silver and lifting up as you run the knife under it.  It will come off easily.
You can leave a bit of fat on the roast.  It will mostly cook off while roasting.                                                   
 Poke holes all over the roast and insert slivers of garlic.


 I made two since I was feeding so many.


1 package of pork tenderloins or pork loin roast
 6 garlic cloves, sliced in half lengthwise
1/4 c soy sauce
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 tbsp honey
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp pepper
3 tbsp olive oil


  • Preheat your oven to 350º.
  • Spray an 11” x 17” baking dish with cooking spray.
  • Use a sharp knife to poke 6 holes along the topside of each of the tenderloins going about an inch deep.
  • Push a sliver of garlic into each hole and place the tenderloins in the baking dish.
  • In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, mustard, honey, juice, rosemary, pepper, and olive oil.
  • Pour the marinade over the tenderloins.
  • Bake uncovered for 45 minutes basting every 7–10 minutes. This gives the tenderloins a delicious glaze over the top.
  • Transfer the tenderloins to a large cutting board and allow them to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
  • Thinly slice the tenderloins and transfer to a serving dish or plates.
  • Bring the marinade to a boil in a small pot and whisk in 1 tablespoon of butter. Drizzle the marinade over the sliced pork medallions and serve.
 This is a good side for the pork.


  • 3 medium sized zucchini (about 1½ pounds)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • ½ teaspoon oregano
  • 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 Tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then cut in half widthwise. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Lay the zucchini on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  2. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon peel, garlic, and oregano. Drizzle over zucchini spears. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. To give more of a crisp edge, broil for the last 3 minutes.
 The finished pork.

You can scrape up the toasted parmesan and sprinkle it over the zucchini before serving.

Comments

Mmm, that pork DOES look good!
Leanna said…
I make my zucchini and carrot spears just like yours. They are so delicious. I've never tried the garlic method - yet. Pork tenderloin is on sale this weekend. I'll pick one up and try that for Thanksgiving.
Susan said…
That sounds wonderful - I love orange with pork. I wonder why I have never thought of cutting zucchini into spears? I guess I will have to try it!
Connie said…
Yummy Pork and thanks for the zucchini recipe, too . . . we are being invaded by vegetarians next week, so that looks like a great and easy dish. Come on over and get your name in the hat for my Thanksgiving/Christmas Give-A-Way.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Connie :)
Rain said…
That looks delicious Joyce! We are fans of pork tenderloin here, we never buy any other cut now! I made one last week with pears and prosciutto rolled into it and it turned out just lovely. I used to bake my zukes that way but sprinkled them with Feta instead of Parm :)
Anonymous said…
Perhaps I should do this this comming weekend. I have been lazy lately and haven't really made any proper dinner.

Have a great day!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
This looks delicious!
TARYTERRE said…
this looks scrumptious. i bet it tastes awesome.