Thanksgiving Prep Begins


All of the candy is gone.  I made over 100 candy bags plus one whole basket of loose candy and there is none left.  It was a perfect night for trick or treating.  I've already started to knock off some Thanksgiving tasks.  I like to get as much done ahead of time as possible.
I polished some of the silver.  I'm having the biggest Thanksgiving I've ever hosted so I bought a set of vintage silver on ebay.  You can get these sets fairly cheap.
 And I made pie crusts for 8 pies.  I place my dough in jumbo sized baggies.

 I flour them first.

 Then I roll them out and zip the bag shut.

 Stacked up and placed in the freezer.  This makes pie baking so much easier.

 My husband and daughter handed out the candy last night.  I couldn't bear to go out there without Teddy.  Just before it got dark, I peaked out to see the trick or treaters and I saw this rose blooming on the pergola right over the spot where Teddy would always lay.  In all the years I've had these roses, I've never seen a bloom on them this late in the year.  There are hardly any leaves left on the bush.  I looked at all my other rose bushes and there was not a sign of a rose anywhere.

I think it's Teddy.

Comments

Yes, I think so too, Joyce. A message of comfort and love to you from Teddy.
Valerie said…
"Deep love endures
To the end and far past the end." -- Robinson Jeffers, The House Dog's Grave

Teddy will always be with you.

Thank you for posting this--
MaryO said…
Absolutely it was Teddy.
MaryO1230
The JR said…
I think it's a sign Ms. Joyce
I've been missing in action for the past few weeks
I fractured my back
Still off work
But finally broke down this weekend and bought A iPad with internet

I'm so sorry for your loss of Teddy
I know how broken hearted I was when we loss my Country
She was 18 yo
Ramona from Mississippi
Rain said…
Oh Joyce, that made me cry. So beautiful, and I believe it was Teddy. I've had similar experiences when my two pugs passed away. I'm open to seeing the messages. How wonderful. :)
Leanne said…
aww the rose made me smile - Teddy trying to give you a sign of comfort ((HUGS)). I bet every kid always makes a bee line for your home at Trick or Treat.
TARYTERRE said…
i think it's teddy too. a sign for sure.
Margaret said…
Oh, I think so, too- Teddy giving you some comfort.
What a great idea for the pie crust- I’ll have to do that next time I freeze some crusts.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving prep!
Mary said…
I am not one who believes in signs but I will say that flower is in remembrance of Teddy for sure.
Guillaume said…
Time goes fast doesn't it?
1st Man said…
No doubt about it....Teddy is letting you know that everything is ok and she will always be around.

I bought some vintage silver for the farm once. It was random designs of forks, spoons and knives. We love them. Speaking of...probably need to be polished too, ha.

Great tip on the crusts, I'll let 2nd Man know....
Nancy said…
So nice to see you back. I am definitely with the posters who feel the rose was a sign from Teddy - and what a magnificent rose, maybe telling you she is healed and in no pain. Monday afternoon I had to see an oncologist. As I was leaving, I was greeted, quite cheerfully, but two beautiful chows. My initial instinct was to move back, because I has heard they can bite. Not a chance. The male licked my toes and the female (much smaller) gave my hand a good wash. What a sweet pair, and ever ao friendly. I have never, ever seen a chow while out and about, so it was a joy and a surprise. Their owners were walking them outside the cancer center. The female was remarkably smaller and when I asked if the smaller one were the female, the "Dad" made a "Shhhhh" sound because apparently the frmale things she is a giant among chows. So sweet and brightened my day considerably. I am sure you don't want it to mean you shouod have 2 chows but..........
I am scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy Monday morning and am terrified out of my mind.
I am sure it was Teddy too. So sorry for her loss, I just caught up and was so sad to hear she is gone. My heart cat Willow passed suddenly but she came to me in a dream sometime later as a black fox, and despite being a different animal I knew it was her. She was wild and free and saying she was happy. I still miss her but I know the Summerlands are paradise and they are there for us when we cross the veil.
Leighway said…
The rose comment brought tears to my eyes.
Anonymous said…
Definitely Teddy.