Thanksgiving Through the Eyes of the Blog Tech

Hello everyone, Blog Tech here.  As I write this, my mother, father and sister are picking up Winnie the Chow.  I am anxiously awaiting photos!  In the meantime, I thought I would share some pictures I took of our Thanksgiving dinner.


Here are the desserts.  I'm going to say this now: I did a much better job of documenting the desserts than I did any other aspect of the dinner.  Those little wedge shaped things on the left are rosemary cookie things.  They were amazing.  The things on the tray I don't really recall.  Look, there were lots of desserts.  I happened to fall in deep powerful love with the cookies to the right in this photo.  They're gingerbread half-covered in amazing frosting.  I have a bag of them downstairs.  They probably won't make it to sundown.  Actually, I might go eat one right now.


Here we have some pies.  On the far left are my mother's cranberry sauce.  And then, from left, a pumpkin pie, a cherry pie, a Kentucky chocolate bourbon pie, and I think another pumpkin pie.  People were really big fans of the bourbon pie.  I had a bit of a weird experience with the bourbon pie, though, because I thought it was going to me my mother's pecan pie, and it doesn't taste anything like it.  It's just not what I was expecting.  Once, I took a bite out of a tomato because I thought it was going to be an apple and I threw up.  No disrespect, Kentucky Chocolate Bourbon Pie.  The Cherry pie was delicious.


I didn't try most of these.  One of the pies might be the pecan pie, which I actually didn't eat until yesterday.  I basically just ate those gingerbread cookies from up above, as well as pumpkin pie.  If those cookies were less good, maybe I could've tried a little bit of everything.  But they were amazing, and I didn't.


Cranberry bread and my mother's colorfully-frosted thanksgiving cookies!  


A little bit closer....


Look at all the cranberry.


Here's the intricately-decorated table.


One of the place settings.


Another shot, this time avoiding the oppressive light of the glass door seen above.




Here's another shot of my favorite of the many dessert tables.



Now I know what you're thinking.  Where's the rest of the food?  Like the turkey and such?  Well, here's the thing:  I forgot to take photos of all of that.  But!  I made up for it.


Mmmm, leftover turkey.  Is this as well-plated as it was on Thursday?  No.  Is it every bit as delicious?  Yes.


Creamed corn and sweet potatoes!  Yummmm.  


This is not the best documentation of Thanksgiving that you'll ever see on this blog, it's true.  However, the next post on this blog will feature pictures of Winnie, and that's gonna be legendary.  Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Winnie is imminent!

Comments

Leanne said…
Would I be correct in guessing you are rather partial to deserts?
Looks like a fab spread.
MaryO said…
What a spread and what a beautiful table! Wonderful! We are all anxiously awaiting Winnie! Happy post Thanksgiving day! 😀👍
Anonymous said…
thanks so much for updating Blogtech, and yes you do show your love for deserts, the rosemary shortbread and white chocolate dipped cookies did sound amazing but everything did didn't it. I'm so glad you're helping your Mum today I know she has had a hard couple of days,,tonight will be an adventure and I hope Winnie likes her new bed because I think your Mum will be ready for hers lol!!!! Your mum sets a beautiful table!
Thanks, Blog Tech! Your Mom is the consummate chef and hostess. And I'm so happy for her about Winnie!
Leanna said…
I'm thinking it was a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner and everyone including the turkey was stuffed. I can't wait to see the Winnie pictures.
Guillaume said…
You don't go half way celebrating it: it's bigger than Christmas!
Linda said…
Oh, what a lovely table setting and side board for the food! What are in the bags on the salad plates--top and left of place setting? I have take drinks of various things, thinking I was drinking something else and almost choked or spit it out. I like Coke, but when I thought it was tea, it was gag-inducing.
Nancy said…
Dear Blog Tech: You did a wonderful job of documenting the desserts. I am convinced your Mom accomplishes what it would take four other women to accomplish. She must be like the Energizer Bunny! The table looks beautiful, as do the individual place settings you shared. Thank you so much. I live alone now and miss setting up for holidays, and all the preparation leading up to them.
TARYTERRE said…
great job documenting all those delicious desserts. and the pictures of the table were awesome.
Rain said…
Everything looks so yummy! I love those place settings!
Mystica said…
I'm waiting for Winnie too.