A Pinecone Cheeseball and Puppy Treats

 I made this pinecone cheese ball for a friend's party the other day. A day ahead mix together:

 8 oz. cream cheese
 8 oz cheddar cheese grated
 4 oz grated smoked cheese (optional)
 1 minced small onion
 2 minced garlic cloves
 1/3 C. mayonnaise
 3 sweet gherkins cut in small cubes
 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
 salt and pepper to taste
1 T. tomato paste

Place this in a plastic wrap lined bowl and refrigerate until the next day.



 Using your hands, shape the cheese ball into the shape of a pinecone and stud it with smoked almonds.  Use rosemary as a garnish.

 This is the recipe for the treats I make for Winnie:

1-1/2 C. rolled oats
1 C. flour
3/4 C. grated cheddar cheese
1/4 C. shredded smoked cheese
1 egg
1/2 C. chicken stock
1 grated carrot

Mix this all together and spread it out on a greased cookie sheet. Cut it into strips.  Bake at 300 degrees for about an hour until crunchy.  Store in ziplock bags.

 These are Winnie's faves.

 She loves it when I offer her one.

 She flings them in the air.

 Then she grabs them....

and runs down the hall to eat them as far away from me as she can get.  I think she is afraid I might take them back.

Comments

Yum--the pinecone cheeseball looks authentic! Wonderful Winnie--thank you for sharing her with us. Is so fun to see her develop, she is a smart girl protecting her treat.
Anonymous said…
those dog treats sound very tasty, I understand now why she runs with it lol,, beautiful cheese !!!!
Susan said…
I would eat those treats, too! I love that pinecone cheese ball - do you cut the smoked almonds in half or leave them whole? I think I could live on hors d'oeuvres.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i left the almonds whole!
Rain said…
LOL...ours do the same, run away to eat the treat! :) Winnie is lucky to have SMOKED Cheddar too! :) Your pinecone cheeseball is magnificent! How creative!!!
Linda said…
I love cheeseballs or anything cheese. I sometimes feel the need to eat cheeseball far away from anyone who might want me to share.
Leanna said…
Love the Winnie pics. She's just too cute!!
TARYTERRE said…
love it. love the pinecone cheeseball. winnie looks so happy with her treats.