Winnie gets a New Harness

 My puppy is growing.  Her new harness is a bit big but the old one was getting too tight.  She is in the in between stage.  She must weigh around 18 pounds because the small harnesses go up to that weight and the next size starts at 18 pounds.  This means she has gained 7 pounds in one month.

 I prefer using harnesses to collars.  Especially on chows since they have such a huge mane.

We are holding a large New Year's party so everyone can meet Winnie.  She will be in heaven.  She loves all people! What a difference it makes getting a puppy from a good breeder.  Winnie's breeder kept her in her house with her family from birth.  She got used to being in a kennel as the family went about their business.  She learned how to entertain herself and how to greet people when someone showed up at the breeders home. I also didn't pick her up until she was 9 weeks old so she had plenty of time to learn things from her mother and her litter mate.  She is a very well behaved puppy.

Comments

Linda said…
She is sweet looking. Will her socialization make her less fierce? Chows frighten me. Well, big ones do. I hope you are better from the flu. It has taken me about two weeks to even have energy.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
we are doing everything we can to socialize her. right now she doesn't have a fierce bone in her body. it's absolutely amazing how loving and friendly she is. very different from our other chows. that's why we went to this breeder. she breeds for temperament first!
Anonymous said…
I think she is a perfect match for your family,, 7 pounds,, I knew she was getting bigger!!
Winnie is just a winner in every way! She is growing into herself. She will love New Year's Eve (unless it interrupts her bedtime routine).
wisps of words said…
I am so happy that you (searched), and found the perfect chow. Life will be much more smooth, with a socialized dog around the house. -smile- Hugs to your darling...

Hope you get over your flu, to be able to enjoy the party...
Susan said…
My goodness, she is adorable. Such a beautiful pup. It must be so nice for you, too, to be able to include her in all your entertaining. I bet she will be great with kids...just saying.
Leanna said…
I was looking at the first pictures of Winnie and you are right. She has gotten bigger. She's also getting cuter. Such a sweet happy baby girl. I hate collars too. They lead to choking. A harness is so much better for puppies.
Anonymous said…
Thank You for the Christmas present!! It made my vacation :-) :-)

Winnie grows fast and she's adorable in her new harness!

Have a good continuing of Yule!

Christer.
Rain said…
How sweet! She's a beauty. :)
I hope you have a wonderful New Year's party! :) We'll be home trying to keep our eyes open after 10pm lol!
Megs said…
It’s wonderful to get a well-socialized dog, isn’t it? And who could resist her!
I use harnesses, too.
Guillaume said…
I remember when my kid was seven pounds.
TARYTERRE said…
winnies harness is perfect. she's growing up and so sweet.