Pecan Pie Bundt Cake

 I made some of the broccoli cakes I posted a few days ago for my neighbors and I wanted to send a dessert along too because they LOVE desserts.  I've been wanting to try this recipe for a while so this was a good opportunity.

 I've finally figured out how to keep cakes from sticking to the pan.....don't flour the pan!  Use sugar instead.  Since I switched, I haven't had a cake stick.



Ingredients
  • Cake:
  • 1 cup  finely chopped pecans
  • 1 cup  unsalted butter, softened
  • 1¾ cups granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2¼ cups  all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon  baking powder
  • ¾ cup dark corn syrup
  • ½ cup whole buttermilk
  • Drizzle:
  • ½ cup  firmly packed light brown sugar
  • ¼ cup  unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons half-and-half
  • Pinch kosher salt
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
  2. For cake: Spray your pan with cooking spray and then coat it in sugar. Sprinkle pecans in pan.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed until fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  4. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. In a small bowl, stir together corn syrup and buttermilk. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
  5. Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack, and let cool for 30 minutes.
  6. For drizzle: In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter, half-and-half, and salt to a boil. Remove from heat, and slowly drizzle over warm cake.  I doubled the drizzle because...why not!
I gave the neighbors half and kept the other half for my husband because he LOVES desserts even more!  After he ate a piece, he said he wants the other half back.

Comments

Dee said…
Looks wonderful! I will try it for my weekly Friday night potluck! Thank you for another greaat recipe.
Linda said…
I use Crisco to coat my bundt pan and then flour and have never had one stick. I think the Crisco is the secret. It's not a lot of Crisco. Plus, I have a very old, and very heavy pan. That looks good enough to eat the page!
Anonymous said…
oh my gosh!! now thats a cake!! wow!!!
Rain said…
Great tip about the sugar!!! I have found that most of the bundts that I've made lately have been too dry unless I load them with fruits inside. I am bookmarking your recipe...oh btw, tonight is Detroit pizza night!!! Wish me luck! ;)
Susan said…
Is this even a legal dessert? It looks so fabulous!
Teacats said…
You are a wonderfully good neighbor!! Mr. Rogers would have been very proud of you! :)
That cake looks amazing -- just imagine a nice thick slice with a good hot cup of tea or coffee!

Thanks for another recipe!!

Cheers! Jan at Rosemary Cottage
Anonymous said…
This one looks delicious and I hope I remember it next time I feel like baking a cake. Have to use walnuts though because I don't think I can find pecans here.

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanna said…
Oh, your neighbors must really love you to bits.
David saw the recipe as I was reading it and said I should make that this weekend and take it when we go visit the kids in Austin on Sunday.
"he wants the other half back" -- hahahahahaha!
Guillaume said…
That is my kind of afternoon dessert, with a pot of tea.
chickpea678 said…
This looks so delicious. Why would I let myself look at your blog when I’m hungry?