- In a mixing bowl, stir all the starter ingredients until you get a rough dough ball. Cover with a plastic film and leave it at the room temperature 15-24 hours.
- Trim, rinse and dry the green asparagus. Cut them into 1/2 inch pieces. Dissolve the starter with water in the mixing bowl of your stand mixer. Add in bread flour, sesame seeds, sugar, salt and yeast. Stir at low speed for 3 minutes, then increase the speed to medium and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and pliable. Turn the dough on a lightly floured work surface, gently knead green asparagus pieces into the dough until evenly distributed.
- Cover the dough and allow it to rest for 30 minutes. Divide the dough into two portions. Shape each into a baton. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover and allow them to rise for 45 minutes.
- Place a roasting pan at the bottom shelf and preheat the oven to 450F. Just before putting the bread into the hot oven, slash the tops with a sharp knife or with a floured scissor snip 1/2-inch-deep V into top of each roll.
- Place the bread in the oven and throw a handful of ice cubes into the roasting pan. Close the oven door and bake for 35-40 minutes until nicely golden brown and crusty. Remove the bread and allow them to cool on a wire rack to room temperature before cutting.