La Tienda

As Summer approaches, I have begun to plan some parties.  One party I have been anxious to throw is an Argentinian cookout. I recently discovered this company that carries all things Spanish. They sell a lot of things I can use at my party.
 The Blog Tech loves seafood like no one I have ever known.  Even as a small child he would eat any kind of seafood placed in front of him.  These canned products are his favorites.  There are restaurants that have these on their menu.  When you order them, they serve them in these tins.




 He did not get this taste from me.  I am very picky when it comes to seafood.  I rarely eat it unless I prepare it myself.

 I've started ordering some of the different sausages and meats that they sell. I will make a big charcuterie platter to serve the different kinds of ham.

 I will grill the sausages and serve them with freshly made chimichurri sauce and grilled vegetables. I'm still planning it all out.

 La Tienda also sells some interesting confections which will go on my dessert table.

 Milk chocolate covered figs filled with salted caramel.


 And white chocolate covered figs.....

stuffed with a strawberry flavored ganache. This will be fun.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow,,, what amazing products,,
hey,,, are you the birthday girl today???
The JR said…
I'd want to taste every one of those different flavored desserts and figs.
Linda said…
All the desserts look delicious! I will only eat fish that has been frozen to kill the parasites. I love a fish fried at home. I rarely will eat seafood or fresh water fish unless I have cooked/fried it myself.
Alicia Foodycat said…
The salted caramel figs are addictive! I bought some over Christmas and hid them so I wouldn't have to share. I have some plain dark chocolate ones now that are almost as good.
My mouth is watering for those milk chocolate covered figs with salted caramel.
Susan said…
I'll be interested to know what you think. Those figs are unbelievable!
Anonymous said…
I have that in common with the Blog Tech, I've always loved seafood :-)

I saw a few things there I'm pretty sure I would like :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Rain said…
Sounds like fun Joyce! :) I can't wait to see what you put together. I'm a big fan of seafood, though I can't stand clams and octopus. I once tried octopus at a Portuguese restaurant and I couldn't manage to chew on the tentacles...shudder... lol! :) The sweets look fabulous!
Leanna said…
Happy Birthday, Joyce! Oh, sweets.
Guillaume said…
Don't know why this post reminds me of raclette and Swiss fondue.
chickpea678 said…
Yum, those white chocolate figs look delicious!
chickpea678 said…
Yum, those white chocolate figs look delicious!