An Ongoing Feast


 It's been a very busy week!  My guests will be leaving with a carload of food and very full stomachs.  I cooked for them each day though I forgot to take pics of most of the food.  Blueberry muffins were one of the breakfasts.  I made them with local berries.

 The kids said they were the best muffins they've ever eaten.

 Giant chocolate chip cookies were one night's dessert.


 For the last dinner, I made a Polish feast so the kids could get down with their Polish heritage.  I made an excellent sauerkraut using the sauerkraut I made last Fall with local cabbages.  And guess what? The kids loved it.  Amazing palates.

 Willie was very interested and kept a close eye on what I was making.

One night we had girl's night and watched Hocus Pocus and made pizzas.  We made traditional pizzas and my great niece added all the toppings.





I also made a Detroit pizza because they had never had one before. The guys came home after a football game and ate late night pizza on the front porch with the puppies.


 The puppies are a bit pooped after this visit.  They all played very hard.


 I made a caramel apple pie for dessert after the Polish feast.  It was topped with vanilla ice cream.  The pie disappeared in a flash.  I have never had a whole pie eaten in one sitting but it happened last night.  My DIL never eats fruit and she ate this pie and loved it.


 I made my mother's potato rolls and the guests gobbled them down with ramp butter which I made and froze last Spring.

 Everyone loved the Polish mizeria.  This was one of my dad's favorite dishes.  It's thinly sliced cucumbers with sour cream, dill, vinegar and sugar. It's very refreshing and flavorful.

 The kids had never had pierogies before and are now big pierogie fans.  I made sauerkraut and potato and cheese and potato.

 Pierogies are always a hit.

 Grilled kielbasa with homemade mustard and a creamy horseradish sauce was another dish. Homemade dill pickles are a must on a Polish table.


 And on the left is halushki (cabbage and noodles).  I wasn't sure if the kids would eat it but they dove right in.  They've decided they love being Polish!

 Willie does too.


He stood just below the halushki and gave me the 'starving puppy' stare.  He didn't get any though.

Well, these were the only photos I remembered to take but you get the idea.  We ate most of our meals outside so the puppies could play. It was horribly hot so we sat in the shade and popped into the A/C off and on to cool off.  Each night we sat on the front porch and watch the puppies greet all of the people walking by the front gate.  It was such a fun visit.

Comments

They never had perogies before? OMG! Looks like you gave them a real food education!
Guillaume said…
Oh Wolfie would LOVE these blueberry muffins!
Linda said…
I have heard of round pizza, kielbasa, sauerkraut. The rest of the dishes are just names, most of which I have never heard of. It all looks and sounds delicious.
Mary said…
That looks so delicious, I love pierogies! I like my sauteed and served with salsa and sour cream. Perfect dinner for me.
Susan said…
They don't dare to a weigh in/weigh out when visiting you! I am glad to see the two fuzz balls reasonably cuddled up..
Many yummy things to eat :-) :-)

Cold with lots of rain here today but I can't say I miss the summer heat :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Helen said…
Yes, thinly sliced cucumbers with vinegar/sugar or mayonnaise and thinned with a little milk. I can eat the whole bowl myself.
My Retired Man, who is 2nd generation Polish, would love the food you cooked. I am Irish, so he is out of luck. However, we have made chrusciki together and everybody in the family loves that.
chickpea678 said…
Polish food is delicious!
TARYTERRE said…
yum yum. everybody should be full for sure. sounds like a fun time was had by all, including the pups.