A Pioneer Festival

We had such fun at this festival.  Vendors were dressed in period garb and were selling what they were making right in their booths.  This couple was making ham and bean soup.
 The blacksmith booth was one of our favorites.  Click any pic to enlarge.

 He made a wonderful hatchet.

 The ladle on the left was wonderful.  We bought The Chef a few pieces.

 And this is the place to buy anything for outdoor cooking that you need.

 There were fires build throughout the event.

 The trapper set up his area with some of his trophies.


 It's quite startling coming upon these in the woods.


 The trapper was selling his pelts and jewelry he made from teeth.



A rat catcher enthralled the children.

 Walking sticks.

 This is where I bought my barn stars a few years ago.



 It's really nice to be able to watch how each craft is done.

 Beautiful scarves.

 And look at this blanket.  I'm sure it took a long time to make.


 This couple had a rolling pin on their lathe.

 Tin work.

 Fox tails for sale.


Long rifle making.

It's pouring here so we only made it to one festival this weekend.  I feel so bad for all the festivals that will be rained on this weekend.  After so long with no rain, it seems a shame that we have a nonstop blanket of it now.  These people seemed so resourceful that I'm sure they have a rain plan in mind.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What an amazing gathering of crafts people!
Yeah, what's up with that? NOW it rains?
Linda said…
It's been a long time since I have been to this type festival. Blacksmithing is always my favorite. But, I never saw a taxidermist at a festival. Too bad about the rain.
Leanna said…
Can you just imagine this all back in the early 1800's? So cool.
I would have snatched up that blue scarf for sure.
Guillaume said…
It looks really nice. My kind of festival and the proper one to put yourself in an autumnal mood.
Lots of things I would have bought if I could go there :-) We never have festivals like that over here.

Have a great day!

Christer.
Kev Alviti said…
Looks great - I love living history! I watch Townsend on youtube all the time and would love to visit some of the places he goes.
TARYTERRE said…
Looks like a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. loved seeing everything. that blanket looked comfy cozy.
Mary Ann said…
Fox tails belong on the fox, not the festival!