Where is Fall?

 I need to take a walk in the dark, cool woods.

 It is going to be so hot here today that schools are canceling afternoon classes.  We now have heat days rather than snow days.  But Trump thinks global warming is a hoax.

 We have been in the 90's here for most of this summer.

 The temps only drop to the mid 70's at night.

 The W's will be in shock when we get cool weather.

 I haven't seen a pumpkin anywhere yet.





Fall festivals start next weekend and we have many to go to.

 But I really need cooler temps for them to be fun.


 I need cool weather for when my house guests arrive so we can carve pumpkins and build fires.  Marshmallow toasting might also occur!

 I will set my outdoor stone table in festive Fall colors.

 And serve this wonderful Fall lasagna.


 So, I will cross my fingers and hold my thumb and hope that cool weather arrives soon.

 And to get me in the mood, I think I will bake an apple crisp today.

And I'll pretend it's not 98 degrees outside.

Comments

I love all your fall images. I'm stealing that witch!
This constant heat is getting to us all. I am hoping that the Autumn will be kinder to us.
Joy said…
Oh come to London dear! Our weather has definitely changed with highs only in the 60s-low 70s. You would love it! And I saw my 1st pumpkins yesterday. :)
bobbie said…
We have a couple of 90+ degree days coming up ~

***sigh***

I think it is from all the hot air coming from D.C.!
Leanna said…
It's a topsy-turvy world right now. We are in the mid 70's to the mid 80's because of the rain. Y'all are having Texas weather and we are having yours.
Leanna said…
I was so intent on finding what that building was - the one with the different colors on it. I found out it is the Museum of Natural History in Wroclaw, Poland. The different colors are from the ivy covering the building. I thought it was an old house. I was thinking I would love to have an old house like that.
Guillaume said…
I love all these pictures, especially the witch and the "basic fall girl", which explains so well why autumn is so pleasant.

I am glad I am not the only one obsessing about autumn. Here it is far too warm for an early September, but temperatures are supposed to go down later in the week. And at least evenings and mornings are fairly cool.
Linda said…
I am still loving the heat of the summer. Around here, we will have this for another month, at least. Love the witch in the first picture.
I don't handle the heat well, summer is actually kind of depressing. When the first cold night comes and crisp frosty morning I get completely happy. First rain and the changing leaves, I wait all year for it.