A Christmas Market



This is the way I drove home yesterday.  The corn stalks I bought didn't quite fit in the car.  The car was full of mums, gourds and, of course, pumpkins!

 We went to another festival in the woods.  This one was focused on Christmas. Click on any pic to enlarge.


 Beeswax candles.



 Pretty carved wooden decorations.


 Glass night lights.


 These signs are carved out of tree trunks.


 Good smells from food being prepared filled the air.


 Chilldren's knitted hats.



 Beautiful pottery.

 A cool tree carving.


 I just loved these.  Iron fire globes for outdoor fires.

 Hammered dulcimer music added to the atmosphere.


 This is the fire globe I really liked.  They cost 1200.00!


 A Christmas fiddler.

Carved wooden items.

 We are going to another festival this weekend and then the festival season is pretty much over until Spring.  I hate to see it end.  Fall is flying by and Christmas is on the horizon.  I am making my plum puddings today.

Comments

Those iron fire globes are beautiful but $1200 bucks? Yikes! And I do like a nice hammered dulcimer every now and again.
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh what beautiful wares they had, the pottery, I love that! The carvings and the fire globes, wow, some talent there! You really packed it in lol, good thing you got a bigger car again !
Linda said…
That was a beautiful venue. It was not so commercial I love the dulcimers fiddler, and the adorable little hats. The fire globes were certainly pretty and precious!
Leanna said…
I love rustic things. I found out there is a bi-weekly fair at the Big Red Barn outside of town. They have food games and a petting zoo for the kids. They have vendors selling their wares and a farmers market. I'm going to drag David to it next weekend.
Susan said…
The photo of your car is a riot! I hope it all made it home in one piece. I really love these festivals and wish we had them here. I will miss them (vicariously) along with you!
Guillaume said…
Lovely picture, but far too early in the year! They should wait until November for such event.
TARYTERRE said…
loved seeing the cornstalks jammed into your car. hope they got home in one piece. my favorite thing at the festival were the iron fire globes/ i'm not surprised by the price.