Sea Salt and Butter Rolls


I made these rolls yesterday and froze them for Thanksgiving.

 This is such a good recipe:

  • 1 cup whole milk, heated
  • 1 packet instant yeast
  • 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 egg
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 cups bread flour
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 stick (2 oz.) unsalted butter, cut into 16 cubes
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, for brushing
  • 1 tablespoon Maldon sea salt flakes


 Mix and knead the ingredients until you have a smooth ball of dough.  Let it rise until doubled and then roll it out into about a 16 inch circle.  Cut it with a pizza cutter into 16 wedges.  Place  a cube of butter on the wide end of each wedge.



 Roll each wedge and pinch the ends to seal them.  Brush with butter, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let them rise for about an hour until they are puffy.

 Sprinkle them with flaky sea salt.


 Bake them at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until golden.






Let them cool on racks and freeze them or serve them warm fresh from the oven.


I also made the bread for my stuffing.

Comments

Unknown said…
sinful- I just printed out the recipe.
They look wonderful. I wish I had your energy and talent.
Leanne said…
Just added these to my New Years Day menu. We'll see if I have the energy. :)
Love all of your recipes!