Aging

I have a couple older friends that go on a cruise each year for the holidays so I held a dinner party for them last night so we could see them before they leave.  They were reminiscing about how they used to do the Carnival Cruises where they held wet t-shirt contests and competitions for who had the most chest hair.  The cruises they take these days make unexpected stops in ports to 'drop off the ones that didn't make it'.

I was reminiscing about my beauty marks.  They've mysteriously turned into witch warts.

 It's amazing how long you go through life with old age looming in front of you but you never even notice it.


 Then suddenly you find yourself wondering if you will make it to see the last episode of "This Is Us".


 I find myself amazed that one day it is Monday, and then in the blink of an eye, it's Sunday again.


 For years I followed the latest runway trends and now I only care about which sweatpants are the most comfortable.


2019 is almost here, let's all try to make it to then!

Comments

Oneoldgoat1962 said…
They say that laughter is the best medicine, you've given me the cure today! My week is off to a great start - thank you!
bobbie said…
Thanks for the great big belly laugh!
:-) I recognize my self all too well :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanna said…
I wish you had put Betty Davis's meme that says getting old is not for sissies. I am stealing a few of these.
Rain said…
LOL...that's hilarious about the wet t-shirt contest!! Oh Joyce, I feel the same way, I can't believe how quickly time is going by. I'm noticing little wrinkles around my eyes that didn't seem to be there just last year! Aches and pains...lots of oohing and ughing when I get up from a chair lol...2019 is going to be a fabulous year!!! :) xx
Bop 'til ya drop! That's what I'm going to try to do. Don't know how successful I'll be but what the hell. These memes are all hilarious -- have stolen a couple for future use.
TARYTERRE said…
i enjoyed the laughs today.
Guillaume said…
The one with Sean Connery... It's just so sad.

One good thing to old age, apparently: grandchildren.
Anonymous said…
I truly know the meaning of "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak." So many goals, till I put my feet on the floor.
DianeF said…
Those were totally hilarious. I thought about printing some of them and posting in our break room, but most of the people who work here are Chumpkin supporters who probably wouldn't get the humor in them.
Thanks for posting!
Susan said…
I totally agree with the first one. WTF?!?
chickpea678 said…
Omg. SO funny—the one about grandma getting laid, the one about the tight joints, the one about childhood punishments and the one about the foot cramp!! Can so relate about those adult goals, though I still like to dress up and go to a party sometimes :).