Mincemeat Tarts and Hard Sauce



Another item checked off of my Xmas baking list!  I made the mincemeat months ago and made these tarts yesterday.

 I like making individual tarts rather than a pie because I give most of these away.

 I use a pate' brisee recipe for the crust.

 The important thing is to seal the top crust so that the mincemeat does not leak out.

 You can find my mincemeat recipe here:  http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2013/12/mincemeat-making-time.html
 I would never buy these in a store because I find that the quality is lacking.






But homemade mincemeat tarts are little pieces of heaven.

 I always sprinkle them with powdered sugar after they have cooled.


And I always give the recipients a jar of brandy hard sauce.  You heat the tarts and then add a spoonful of hard sauce on top to melt over them.  Such decadence! 

Comments

Can I live in your garage and eat nothing but mincemeat all year long?
Leanna said…
I'll sleep in a small corner of your kitchen on the floor and be your maid. I don't take up much room, just feed me as a taste tester. That's all I ask. Please?
Guillaume said…
Yummy. I met my wife thanks to mincemeat pies.
Rain said…
I think quality is lacking in most things that aren't made at home! Congrats on the pies Joyce :) They look wonderful and that hard sauce...I used to love that when my gramma made it!
Alicia Foodycat said…
I like to lift the lid and pop the hard sauce under the pastry!
Tech Cloud Ltd said…
Wow, the food looks so yummy and tasty. After seeing the food photo I cannot resist my tongue. Very well captured along with the editing work as it seems so mouthwatering. Anyways, which camera did you use to capture it? I’m also working with an eCommerce Image editing platform for the editing kind of kinds of stuff. Anyways very good sharing; please keep posting more. I’ll definitely visit your blog again. eCommerce-image-editing-services

So much thanks for the sharing. I was looking for that and this is very important for me. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Cut Out Image
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nice, But if you are still interested and looking for Car Photo Editing Service then you should visit Clipping Path Finder to get the best.
Nice, But if you are still interested and looking for Shadow Creation Service then you should visit Clipping Path Finder to get the best.