The Cookie Tables


The wedding went off smashingly.

The reception was decorated to the hilt.

Even the loos were decorated.


The place was very dark and lit by hundred of candles so the pics are not the best quality.  There were three cookie tables and they had a room of their own.  I was told that you had to elbow your way into the room to get to the table. (Click on any pic to enlarge.)

And how cute is this, they arranged some of the cookies in the shape of a heart!

I think this was such a nice touch.


A groaning board of cookies.

The Blog Tech was very upset because by the time he reached the cookie table, all of the nutterbutters were gone. I assured him I will make him some more. That's what's nice about having the cookie makers as your mother and sister....there's always more cookies.

The final total was 1658 cookies and all were placed on the tables.

At the end of the night only 12 cookies were left.  How does that even happen? Surely someone could have eaten 12 more cookies.  The Blog Tech said he tried but he was getting sick from the sugar overload.

Did I mention that this was a costume wedding?  And yes, The Blog Tech dressed up as a hot dog.  I told him he looked like a footlong.  He was flattered. And he played guitar and sang a wedding song for the newlyweds.  He started his song by saying....This hot dog sings songs of love.  He really is a hot dog.

The entertainment was very eclectic, even a fire eater performed.

One of the grooms told me he saw someone eating a fist full of  groundhog cake.  A wedding unlike no other for two of my favorite guys!

Comments

Only 12 cookies left!!! I believe it -- the cookie table looks fab. Plus it sounds like Phil had a fitting end. What a wedding!
Christer. said…
I would have sacrificed myself and eaten those twelve cookies if it so had killed me :-) :-) :-)

It looks really nice in the photos so I can only imagine what it looked like in real life!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanna said…
Wow! It looks like a fun time. A costume wedding? That sounds like fun.
Bee Haven Bev said…
Fabulous!!! Those ground hog cakes are amazing. You did such a great job!!!
Leanne said…
What a wonderful wedding. Your cookies look fab
Teacats said…
What a fun imaginative and totally unique wedding!!


The cookies looked so yummy and very festive!! Only 12 left -- I think folks were grabbing a few extra cookies to take home with them!! LOL!!


My fav was the Groundhog!

And your son and DIL looked fabulous too!

Very well done to all!!!


Cheers! Jan
Rain said…
Bravo Joyce!!! :)
I enlarged ALL of the photos! Hot dog! Your blog tech is a ham lol! ;) The cookies were presented so beautifully! What fun! :) Love the loos!!! :)
Susan said…
Now, that is MY kind of wedding! Good god, only 12 cookies left? How many people attended this extravaganza?!
Guillaume said…
I love the cookie table.
TARYTERRE said…
wow only 12 cookies left. amazing.
What a fabulous wedding that must have been. I will bet that there were a lot of cookies taken out in purses and pockets.