Thrift Shopping





We went thrift shopping again yesterday.  I'm still looking for some things for my projects and we were looking for Easter items too.  We had a really good time at one of the stores and found lots of Easter things.  This cute Peter Rabbit crock was one of them. 1.99.

 It goes with this one that I found last year.



I found the Bakelite bunny on the far left last year and the one next to it yesterday.  These Bakelite figures are pretty rare; so much so that there isn't a Bakelite bunny on Ebay right now.  That's saying something. The pitcher and little bunny were purchased yesterday too.  I like to put these in the Easter baskets I make to give away each year.  The Bakelite bunny was 89 cents and the other two were about the same price.

 This little guy was 29 cents and will look so cute holding foil wrapped eggs in someone's basket.


 This was a fun find for 1.99.

 And this came along with it.

Made in Portugal.


This little candy dish will probably be painted and decorated before I use it.



 For now, I'm keeping this candy dish for myself.




It looks cute next to my tulips in the Fiestaware vase.

More brooches!
And finally, for 1.39, I found these salt and pepper shakers which I might use on next year's Thanksgiving table.  I'm always planning.






Comments

Leanna said…
I wish I hadn't sold most of the little ceramics that I made while we were living in Panama. I saw two on this post. The bunny with the spotted half egg and the opened basket bunny next to your tulips. I used to fill them with m&m's and jelly beans.
Susan said…
I have to say that your neighborhood thrift stores must be much posher than any thrift stores I've been in here. What wonderful finds!!!!!!
Christer. said…
I don't like rabbits even if I too must admit they are cute :-) Well the only exception is Peter Rabbit, who can't like him :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
I see somebody is in an Easter mood.
Bee Haven Bev said…
Great finds!! That's one thing we don't have around here....good thrift stores!
Theresa N. said…
Looks great, my thrift stores have starting putting tags on everything saying on Ebay this is worth $. And that's what they're selling them at. :(
Theresa N
weceno at yahoo dot com