Guess What Time of the Year It Is?

 Easter is almost here.  It's late this year.

 The Springtime garden is still pretty bleak considering that we have had no rain or snow to speak of.


 The daffodils add some much needed color.


 Day lilies are popping up.

Rhubarb is making an appearance.


But check this out!   RAMPS!!!!  It's almost ramp time and one of our most favorite times of the year.  The ramp festivals start in two weeks and we are all raring to go.

 I will be making ramp chowder.

 Ramp bread.


 Ramp carbonara.


Ramp quiche.  Ramp everything.  I try to use ramps everyday when they are in season. I have to think of some new recipes to try this year.

This is a pic from Winnie's first ramp season last year.  She's too big to pick up like this anymore.  Willie is excited for ramp season and he doesn't even know what it is.

Comments

Leanna said…
Everything is so freaking green here that I'm amazed that we are in the middle of another drought. My roses are blooming like crazy and I can't go out to enjoy them. I will sneak a picture tomorrow morning.
bobbie said…
At the risk of being thought foolish ~ what is ramp? I've never heard of it!
Thanks ~
jaz@octoberfarm said…
you can look up ramps in my search engine. ramps are some of the first wild plants to sprout in the spring. they taste like a cross between an onion and garlic.
Guillaume said…
Yes, Easter is coming, lambs are getting fat. And rabbits too (I kind of wish I could have a rabbit stew for Easter).
Tech Cloud Ltd said…
Wow, the food looks so yummy and tasty. After seeing the food photo I cannot resist my tongue. Very well captured along with the editing work as it seems so vivid. Anyways, which camera did you use to capture it? I’m also working on a clipping path platform for the editing kind of stuff. Anyways very good sharing; please keep posting more. I’ll definitely visit your blog again. clipping path