The Ramp Festival 2019




It's that time of the year again....RAMPS!!!!  We went to our favorite ramp festival on Saturday and we sure had fun.



 First we stopped at Tudor Biscuit World because everyone was hungry. 

 They have wicked good biscuits which might not have been the best idea when you are heading to a festival focused on food.  Some of us were smart enough to just eat a few bites.  Some of us weren't.  I'm not mentioning any names here.



Ziggy came along and wore a ramp t-shirt that read:  Got Ramps?  He was quite a hit at the festival.






There were many booths set up.


 Some were selling crafts.


 Most were selling food, all made with ramps.

 This place had fried ramps and ramp pepperoni rolls.


The fried ramps.

This is our favorite booth.


 They sell corn cakes filled with pulled pork and cheese and covered in sauteed ramps.  They also give you a ramp sauce to go along with it.  Fantastic.

 Such friendly people at this festival and everyone is in a party mood.


 The corn cakes being made.

 The Blog Tech consuming  his cachapa with ramp sauce.


 He was very happy.

 Ramp flavored pork rinds for sale.

 Ramp pizza.




Ramp Philly cheese steaks.

I bought some ramp jelly from this couple.

 You can take a train tour if you like.

 Ziggy loved the festival.  He ate some ramp cotton candy.


 And he made some friends.

 The local Humane Society always has pets that are up for adoption.

These three looked like a cross between a beagle and a blue heeler.  They were adorable.

More tomorrow, I have a ton of photos to sort through.

Comments

Is there NOTHING they can't make with ramps?
Mrs. Duval said…
Can I ask where you live? So many festivals and so close to the Amish. I love it:)
arcadia said…
Not being american, I had to search to see what "ramps" are, that sounds really interesting, I don't think I've ever seen a festival like this in my corner of the world, maybe in another area, but here... none... I loved looking at the booth pictures, and all that creativity around food made with ramps ! I'm sure I would have love the pizza and the sauce (the sauce looks like something we could find in my native area). I wouldn't have resist to a train ride as well ! Thanks for sharing all those pictures
Leanna said…
I have never heard of ramps. But it looks pretty good. Are they a wild onion of sorts?
jaz@octoberfarm said…
ramps are wild and they taste like a cross between an onion and garlic. they are wonderful!
Leanne said…
if i ever get to usa im going ramping
Guillaume said…
Ramp sounds yummy.
Tech Cloud Ltd said…
Wow, absolutely amazing capture of Ramp Festival. Each and every photo is unique and mind-blowing. Very good photography and editing hand. I’m also working on different image editing platforms like photo retouching services and so on. Thanks for sharing such nice photography. Please keep sharing more. Photo Retouching services