A Great Find



I got some beautiful flowers from my daughter yesterday.

My husband said he would watch Willie yesterday so I could get out of the house for a while.  We headed straight to Amish country.  I needed a lot of plants for my gardens and I can't find them cheaper or healthier anywhere else.

 We stopped in a little town filled with thrift shops and antique shops and I found this pristine set of vintage iced tea glasses with a footed pitcher. 


 I am quite sure these must have spent their lives in a china cabinet, rarely, if ever, used.

There isn't even a flea bite on any of them.  I am gifting these to my DIL for their new house.  I am guessing from their design and weight that they are Heisy.  Quite a find and a little hard to part with.

 I sure found the plants I wanted too!  I bought these lovely lavender geraniums.

 Tomatoes
 Peppers and assorted herbs.

 I bought kale which I planted with my lettuce.  We are having perfect lettuce and kale weather.  The pups are wondering where the pumpkins are because it feels like Fall.  I am enjoying every second of it.





As we were driving through the little town, I spied some people selling Mother's Day plants on a corner.  I grabbed a bunch of these huge tomato plants for 6.00 each!


I even bought some 'sweet annie'.  This is one of my favorite plants and will provide enough to make wonderful, aromatic wreathes this coming Fall.

Comments

Christer. said…
Yes that was a great finding. I have actually never tasted iced tea, perhaps I should try it since they now sell iced tea in grocery stores, I don't think they taste as good but it will at least give me an idea to how it should taste.

Nice tomato plants!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Mary said…
Beautiful pitcher set, six glasses. I am guessing you are correct never used, if they were I bet there would be only 5 glasses. DIL will love them and hopefully use them too. huge tomato plants you will be having tomatoes next week hahaha.
Rain said…
I LOVE the footed pitcher! Great find indeed! That's a really nice gift you're giving your DIL!! Oh the plants are awesome...I have my seeds planted and am hoping for some sunny weather to get them going!!!
Kay said…
I've never seen a pitcher and glasses set like those before. They are gorgeous! Happy Mother's Day, Joyce! You are an awesome mom.
I do love the footed pitcher and glasses. Those are beautiful plants.
Leanna said…
Your DIL will be so happy. That was a treasure find. Happy early Mother's Day.
TARYTERRE said…
what a lovely find. that vintage pitcher with iced tea glasses is gorgeous. hard to part with indeed. i just got back from my fathers funeral so i'm behind on my blog reading and commenting.
TARYTERRE said…
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. Enjoy.
Guillaume said…
Happy mother's day!
Leanne said…
sounds like a wonderful day out
chickpea678 said…
What a gorgeous pitcher! Lucky DIL!
chickpea678 said…
And gorgeous flowers from your daughter!