Cookies

The Blog Tech is having an end of the year luncheon for his workmates at his new house on Friday.  It's a pot luck but when I saw the list of what people were bringing, I thought I would give him a little bump up.  I made some empire biscuits and when my kids saw them they both asked why I was making Xmas cookies in May.  I informed them that to us, they are Xmas cookies; the rest of the world enjoys them year round.  I think they are perfect Summer cookies with the little cherries on top.

 I also made some Scottish oat cakes.

 I decided to make rosemary shortbread in my new shortbread pan with the thistle design.


 I was very disappointed to see that the two sides didn't look very different.  Not a great pan by a long shot.

Willie must be getting better because I've been able to spend time in the kitchen in the morning while he lays on the front porch with Winnie and my husband.  He's caught on to the "do not scratch" command very well.  I was able to make cabbage chow chow and can it too.  Getting back in the kitchen sure is breaking up the monotony of sitting in the garden room all day.  He is still wearing the tube around his neck but his eyes look great.  Four days to go!!!

Comments

Glad to hear that clever Willie is being a good boy!
Leanna said…
Almost there. I bet he will be glad to get that thing off of his neck too. One good thing about the shortbread pan is that it can still function as wall decor.
Christer. said…
Only four more days, time just flies away.

I do like the Scottish oat cakes :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanne said…
love your new shortbread dish. Pleased Willie is healing well -
Rain said…
I'm so glad to hear Willie is doing better. You must be having your "me" time today! Enjoy! The cookies look great! Oh that sucks about the pan.
Guillaume said…
You make me want to bake again.
Rue said…
Glad Willie is healing well! And now I'm craving shortbread...
TARYTERRE said…
glad willie is getting better. this food looks yummy.
chickpea678 said…
Those empire cookies are so pretty! So glad Willie is almost all better!
Tech Cloud Ltd said…
Wow, the food looks so yummy and tasty. After seeing the food photo I cannot resist my tongue. Very good captured along with the editing work as it seems so sumptuous. Anyways, which camera did you use to capture it? I’m also working on a clipping path platform for my image editing kinds of stuff. Anyways very good sharing; please keep posting more. I’ll definitely visit your blog again. clipping path