Memorial Day Food

We had almost perfect weather for our Memorial Day party.  It could have been cooler...it can always be cooler as far as I'm concerned.
 I set a long table in the shade under the Dogwoods and Fall Flowering Cherry tree.


 I made some small floral arrangements to place down the middle of the table.

 These wooden boards held Appalachian salt rise bread and ramp butter which people devoured.



The cistern and the fountain were running which made for a very peaceful, relaxing setting.
 
 I filled the sink with ice and set the bar up in this area.


 All of my geraniums cooperated and bloomed.

 And I did manage to trim all of my Boxwoods.



 Winnie was ready to party!

 The table and all the benches were scrubbed clean.

 


 I used a mini Radio Flyer to hold cutlery and napkins.

 I moved a vintage farm table in from the garage to give me extra room for the food.  I mark all of my platters in advance to remind me of which food goes on each one at the last minute.  No matter how prepared I am, things always get crazy busy at the last minute.

 I grilled a large selection of sausages on the grill.

 They were served with an assortment of toppings;  chili, peppers and onions, chimichurri, onions, etc..



 Russian potato salad.


 Sun-dried tomato pasta salad.

 The chili and peppers.
 Hummus topped with olives, feta and roasted red peppers.

 A charcuterie board.

 Pickled beets and eggs.

 A zucchini casserole.

 I also made babaganough but forgot the pic.


And sliders too.  My guests ate and ate and then took all the leftovers home with them.  It was fun!


Comments

A gorgeous setting, amazing food -- you are the hostess with the mostest!
Marcia said…
Wow! Wow!. What a feast! Now you can take it easy for awhile and hopefully go to others' homes as they reciprocate for the fine fare you served them.
NanaDiana said…
I forget in between posts how beautiful your yard is...and then to have great food on top it it? Doesn't get much better than that! xo Diana
Rain said…
Wow Joyce!!! What a spread! Congrats!! I LOVE your cutlery set up!!! :)
Leanna said…
Awesome spread that you set up. You made sure everyone would have a great feast by the selection on hand. That zucchini casserole looked good. I LOVE zucchini.
Guillaume said…
It all looks so delicious.