- 2 1/4 tsp rapid rise yeast
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 T. salt
- 4 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- olive oil
- Combine yeast and water in a large bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, add in 1 cup of the flour and then the salt and mix until combined. Stir in the rest of the flour, one cup at a time, until completely incorporated. Add 2 T. minced fresh rosemary and stir to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
- Heat a cast iron skillet in the oven as you preheat it to 400 degrees (a 10" skillet works well).
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven and drizzle some oil into it and gently dump the dough in. Drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle with some flaked sea salt.
- Place the skillet back into the oven. Remember, the skillet is hot, use a pot holder.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is golden.
A perfect loaf of bread.