Summer's Bounty


 We made our weekly trip to the country yesterday.  This is one of our favorite Mennonite farms.  They sell fresh strawberry slushies that my kids love.  Click for a closer look at the plant 'paint pallet' they created.  It's such a cute idea.


 We bought a LOT of blueberries which are now in season.  And we ate a LOT of them on the way home.

 I think Fridays must be wash day.  You can see the young Mennonite girl hanging it out to dry.


 The fields are full of corn which is growing fast.  'Knee high by the 4th of July'.

 This is the bounty we came home with.  Now I have to transform it all.  I can guarantee that tomorrow's Sunday dinner will have a lot of vegetable dishes.


 I bought these sunflowers too.  I found both the vase and the wooden bowl at a thrift store. A bit of an early Fall feel.  It was a fun day trip.



And what do you think?  Should I have them surgically separated or leave them co-joined?

Comments

Betty said…
Looks like a nice trip. I use to hang our clothes on the line, but when we moved here I stopped. We have a neighbor that has 3 dogs he keeps outside and when the weather is hot he does not clean their spot up very well if you know what I mean.
Christer. said…
It isn't every day one see Siameese chow's :-) :-) :-)

Hot over here today and trhey say tomorrow will be even more nasty.

I found the first tomatoes on my plants today :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Mmmm, nothing like fresh, delicious blueberries!
Leanna said…
Okay, I have a question. Why do puppies always sleep butt to butt like that? Just askin for a friend that has two puppies.
Mary said…
I think the heat has stick them together!! Ages ago I hung laundry out until the dreaded gypsy moth caterpillar invasion , yuk these were everywhere. Although I always ( unless raining) hang out some clothes on April 19, Hang Out Your Laundry day, out of principle.My daughter once looked at a house in an area where they DID Not allow !!!
Guillaume said…
Wow! Blueberries come early in your area. Where I come from, wild blueberries are ripe for harvest at the end of July, on Saint Anne's Day.
Rain said…
Conjoined lol! :) Look at that bounty, what a lovely day you and your daughter had!!! I LOVE that pallette!!!