The Blog Tech's Party



 The Blog Tech and his wife held their first party at their new house yesterday.  They wanted to serve Brazilian food so his MIL and I got to work.  I made brigadieros.  These are like homemade Tootsie Rolls rolled in jimmies.

They also requested Coxinha.  They are a lot like chicken croquettes.  The dough is very interesting. You bring chicken stock to a simmer along with a bit of salt and oil. Then you add flour and stir it until a stiff sticky dough forms.


Then you mold each piece around a chicken and cream cheese mixture, dip them in beaten eggs and roll them in bread crumbs.

 Then they are deep fried.

 Here's one cut in half.  My husband loved them, The Brazilians loved them, I found them to be just okay.  It was the first time I made them so next time I will tweak the recipe.





I made about 60 of these little meat pies....Pastel de Carne.  It was a long hot day working over a fryer. I made chimichurri to go with these.

 And of course, Pao de Queijo.  I made 250 of these.  I am now an honorary Brazilian.  I got texts all night from guests raving about these.




My daughter made 50 cupcakes.  The ones on the left are cookie dough cupcakes and have a ball of chocolate chip cookie dough in the center.  The ones on the left are peanut butter and jelly and have mini Reeses peanut butter cups and jelly on top.

All of the cooking really took it out of the W's.    I skipped the party.

Comments

Christer. said…
As always, the food looks delicious!

I don't do much in front of the stove now when it is hot so I admire that You did all that! Must have been nasty hot :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
They're lucky to have their own private catering firm!
Leanna said…
I don't have much of an appetite this weekend and for some reason, I have a feeling it's because I was in the sun on Friday so I might be starting another flare. Today David is cooking and he is making his favorite beans and meat which the smell is enough to make me ill. But looking at the food pictures on your blog make me hungry. Poor puppies.
After all that cooking on fiddly individual things and on your feet over a hot stove, I don't blame you for skipping the party. It all looks delicious,