Thrift Shopping




 I spent yesterday morning visiting our local thrift stores.  One of the things I love about thrift shopping is that you come across some very unusual items.  This is one of them.  We used to have a lot of glass factories in our area and I am guessing this was a one of a kind piece made by one of the glass blowers. The glass blowers would often make special gifts for friends and family members.

I'm not quite sure what you would call this.  It's not quite an epergne, it's more like a cake or candy stand with baskets.  I'm also not sure how I will use it.   I might place grapes on the top and fill the baskets with nuts and olives and place it on a charcuterie platter.  It's about 24" high.  It was only 7.00.



The Blog Tech has wanted a dehydrator for a while and I found this, unused and with the directions.


These were 1.00 each.  As long as they have never been used, I pick things like these up just so I can try them out. I don't use many gadgets so I really would never waste the money to buy these new.  The top one makes individual apple hand pies.  We shall see what I make with the bottom one.

A ravioli mold. Pumpkin ravioli this Fall are the goal.

And, once again, I found a lot of brand new Nordic Ware.  There must have been 10 pieces and they were all brand new and marked at 2.99.

It was hard to not buy them all but these two are the only ones I will use so I left the rest for someone else.


I have been collecting amber glass fairy lights for a future project so I was very happy to find this pristine Fenton amber light for 2.99.


The future project also includes gathering a bunch of metal stands and painting them.  These two will be painted and added to the group.

This was the find of the day.  For months, my daughter and The Chef have wanted rockers for their front porch.  New ones are expensive and rather flimsy.  We didn't want to spend a lot of money because they can easily be stolen from the porch.  These are exactly what we've been looking for and they are sturdy and well built.  I will paint them a high gloss black enamel to match her cottage.



Willie and Winnie looked on hoping they were getting something. Nothing for you two...sorry!  Just biscuits when I got home.


Comments

I love thrift stores. My friend had all her wicker furniture stolen from her front porch and another friend who lived across from her had her freezer stolen from her back porch. I especially love the stands.
Rain said…
I hope the W's are doing okay in the heat! Those are great finds Joyce, the rockers look like they are in excellent condition! I love the Bundt tins, wow, that was luck!!! And that candy stand...I'd probably put little tea lights in it and use it as a candle holder!
Wow, you hit the thrifter's jackpot this week!
Betty said…
I love thrift stores. That is a strange glass piece. It looks like a candlestick and than they added baskets. Would love to know what they had in mind when making it.
Leanna said…
It's as if the Goddess saves and hides these things for you and puts them on display when you walk in the door. You are so lucky.
Christer. said…
I do like the Nordic Ware! I found them on the net and watched their little film about them. I noticed that they sell their products here in Sweden too so now I'll only have to find out where :-)

I do like the topone too. I wonder what it was supposed to be used for?

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
Funny, my wife also went thrift shopping recently. But we end up with children toys.
Leanne said…
great score re rockers
LEfting said…
What if your daughter got a clear filament and tied those beautiful chairs to something on her porch, even tie them to each other! They are lovely! I love all of your bargains, you certainly did well!!
Mary said…
You have the best thrift stores, could you put votive candles in the little baskets?