It was a dark chocolate/raspberry cake filled with fresh raspberry jam, which she made, and buttercream. They said it was fabulous.
This didn't really fit into the dinner and I think my friend kept it for herself. I was jonesin' to use my new pan and make something pumpkin and I couldn't help myself. She didn't complain.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups granulated white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups pure, unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs and oil.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Add the pumpkin and water and stir until combined.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You can find this recipe by typing it into my sidebar. I made garlic butter to go with it.