Mexican Sunday Dinner


We had another big family dinner yesterday and this week's menu was Mexican.  We started with mushroom cheese quesadillas.


 I made green enchilada sauce to go with them.


Red enchilada sauce too.  Both of these are excellent on eggs for breakfast.

 The second appetizer was marinated shrimp.





I had to ration these or they could easily have become dinner.  My kids were more than happy to take home the leftovers.





 Chili mole.  There were many groans as everyone bit into this.


 It was served with Mexican garlic/annato rice.




And I threw in some Mexican mac and cheese.  Because what goes better with a large bowl of rice than a side of mac and cheese.....carb overload!!!


 I had to make The Blog Tech's favorite salsa.





And guacamole.


 I made my first ever caramel flan.  This is a pic from the internet because I forgot to take one of my flan.  I had my doubts about how mine would turn out after a few mishaps but everyone loved it.  It looked just like this except a bit thinner.  Everyone here loves flan so I will be making this again.


 We made a couple American desserts too.  These were by far the hit of the dinner.  Maple pumpkin mini cheesecakes with maple brown sugar whipped cream.  My daughter made these and they were outstanding!

I made this mostly just to test out the recipe so I can use it for Fall. Everyone was happy to sample it for me.  It's a pumpkin pecan coffee cake with a maple glaze.  It was a fun Sunday dinner.

Comments

Everything you make always looks so delicious!
Christer. said…
Who wouldn't want to take leftovers like that when going home :-) :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
A Mexican dinner would be fitting today: it`s scorching hot here.
Leanna said…
Oh my, Lawdy Lawd. Making Mexican food is what I'm doing tonight. David loves my red chili enchiladas with rice and refried beans. I made some beef flautas and froze them two weeks ago. They will go great with my red hot chunky salsa. OY!!! Cosas Calientes!!
Rain said…
I'm so happy the flan worked!! I'm craving it now. Your Mexican fiesta looks so good, I LOVE how those quesadillas look so yummy!! And the mac and cheese! Your family is very lucky! :)