A Weekend Festival

 It was a wonderful weekend to drive to another Fall festival.  Though it is still very warm, you could feel Fall in the air.


 We stopped at a farm market and bought lots of pumpkins.

 The last of Summer blooms were bursting out everywhere.


 We saw an emu.

 And turkeys and chickens.

 Hay is being bailed in preparation for Winter.





This festival was also held in the woods.


 A horse on it's way to work.

 Kettle corn!

 Horse rides!


 The decorations were lovely.


 A woodworker.

 Birdhouses.

 Individual shops were decorated with everything Fall.



 You could take a leisurely ride through the festival if so inclined.


 This guy was entertaining with glass harp music.

 He brought treasures from afar!


 Even a mummy which I am sure entertained all of the kids.

 Jumbo chocolate covered apples. my husbands favorite.


 There was a glass blower selling pumpkins.


 A bit of Xmas made the scene.


 Cute bunnies at the petting zoo.

 The goats are always happy to see the visitors.



 Many of the participants camp out in pup tents overnight.



 Our favorite bread baker.

 This is where we got our idea for our Thanksgiving appetizers which we served last year.  Molasses butter on homemade bread with thin ham slices.  It is so good!



 Decorated gourds.



 There were lots of food booths selling Early American food.


 We came home with this guy....The Headless Horseman.  I bought one of these for my niece and nephew a few years ago and liked it so much we bought one for ourselves his year.  I love needle felting.

 We bought this big one for The Blog Tech and his wife.


It will hold a bowl of Halloween candy by their front door.

Comments

I love the exhibits and your purchases.
Leanna said…
For some strange reason, there is only on Trade Day this year in town. It's much like this festival.
Mary said…
Kettle corn the best! My daughters and I do Brimfield every year and make a bee line for the kettle corn to give us energy for all day walking and shopping. Love the headless horseman, I don't decorate much anymore but I love to see your fall decorating.
Christer. said…
Lots of fine things but I especially like those glass pumpkins!

The headlessHorseman looks rather kind :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
Great Halloween stuff! I love weekend festivals in autumn. We've only had one last Saturday, but it was a tad too hot. I hope we can find more in the coming weeks.