Pioneer Festival Part 2


 Continuing on with the Pioneer Festival, there was an area filed with fiber artists. They flaxed, scutched and wove their own yarn and dyed it too.

 Woven rugs for sale.


 Much of the yarn came from their own animals.


 A beautiful shoulder warmer.

 Almost every stop had their own fire burning.  It was very cool in the wood and they were there early setting up.



 This gentleman was boiling water for dyes.


 Apples being crushed and made into cider.


 1.00 a glass.






And then I came across this?

 A timber worker!!!


 And look at this outdoor sauna he built!

 Everything was custom made right down to the door handles.  This is some of the very best craftsmanship I have ever seen.


 The inside of the sauna.  I will be meeting with this guy soon to start planning a hobbit house for my lower garden. I can't wait!  This find made the whole Fall festival season worthwhile!


 We ventured on through the displays but my thoughts were left with the woodworker.  My brain has been working overtime since I met this guy.  Oh, the possibilities of what we can create together!

Here are some onion and potato baskets.


 There were lots of food booths.

 You can even buy some fried mush...one of our favorites.







 These girls create the most wonderful things out of gourds.


 And here we have The Rat Man.  And yes, he has live rats in that cage. The children are all fascinated by him and his rats.


 These apples are actually gourds.



 I love festivals that are tucked back in the woods.


And on the way home we stopped at one of our favorite pumpkin stands and filled up the car!

Comments

dq said…
seemed like yesterday you were dong the ramp festivals - time has flown
LEfting said…
So interesting!! Thanks for the tour!
Christer. said…
I like it all but especially the rugs in the second photo and that sauna is truly magnificent! Never seen anythinbg like it!

Have a great day!

Christer.
Leanna said…
I do love when you take us on field trips to the country. So much fun. It's like being there.
Rain said…
I wouldn't have wanted to leave!! I bet the woods smelled divine with all the fires burning. I can't wait to see what you create with your little house!!
Guillaume said…
First signs of Halloween! How exciting! I quite like the wool, for some reason.
NanaDiana said…
Wow! There are some really AMAZING thing there. By far, the most interesting to me is the sauna...what craftsmanship!!! I hope he is able to make a living doing that - it is artwork at its finest.
I don't know why, but I love gourds. This was a wonderful festival! I cannot wait to see your Hobbit house!
Megs said…
I love you festival posts almost as much as your food and puppy posts. And now I’m imagining the hobbit house!