The W's First Festival of the Year


 We loaded the W's up early on Saturday morning to take them to a festival which allows dogs.  They were not excited.  Winnie was okay but Willie whimpered for quite a while.  We really need to take them more places in the car but with this horrible, hot weather, it will have to wait until it cools off.  As we drove up into the mountains, I saw this roadside stand. 


 Heavy sighs occurred as I realized I could not have pumpkins rolling around in the car with the puppies.  It's just not in me to pass these places up.

 When we arrived, we had to park pretty far away from the actually activity but it was so much fun to walk though this cute little town and see how everyone decorated. Click on any pic for a closer look.


 The sun was not my friend but I took the best pics that I could while trying to manage 2 very excited chow chows.

 These two were ready to partay!!!


 They seemed to enjoy checking out all of the houses too.


 I was very happy that they did not notice what was observing them from this side porch.


 There are quite a few historical houses in this town.


 I love the original doors on this building which someone has turned into their home.


 Next year I must remember how nice buffalo checked pillows look on the porch.


 I really like the bittersweet and gourds filling this planter.


 This was my most favorite front porch.


The sunflowers on the door are wonderful.


 Such a beautiful entrance.


 We finally arrived at the festival.


 Fall was everywhere.




 And food.  This is one of their signature sandwiches offered each year.


 Everyone, and I mean everyone, stopped to pet the pups.

 There were easily over a thousand people here and it seemed that they all wanted to meet the W's.




 We were not in Hillary country!  In fact, the first guy to approach the pups was wearing a MAGA hat.  I was horrified.  But I closed my eyes, clicked my heels together and said;  It must have been blue, it must have been blue and pictured Obama.  I soldiered on without a scene.  Go me!


 And alas....who is that guy with the huge bloodhound???  The Blog Tech made an appearance. He and Ziggy actually followed us there.  His poor wife was home with the first cold of the year.


 Winnie really enjoyed the attention.  Willie was in people heaven.


 They made new friends.


 It was horribly sunny and hot so they had to take some breaks in the shade.


 Mountain music was being played.

 A potter and his wheel.




 These are cheese and potato pierogies which I had just broken apart to let them cool off.  They were then fed to the W's who were more than happy to sample festival food.




 This is behind the scenes pierogie making.  I would love to know how many of these they sell over the weekend.





After covering most of the festival, the puppies were pooped.  It was time to go home.


I very sadly drove past that wonderful roadside stand once again.  The sacrifices I make for the W's.

Comments

Sounds like the Ws were the hit of the festival! You showed admirable self-restraint there in MAGA country, Joyce.
Christer. said…
I can imagine how much fun the W's had :-)

Lots of fun things to see and as always I wish we had something similar over here.

Have a great day!

Christer.
Mary said…
Those sunflowers on the front door are amazing! I always look at photos larger before I read...I said that dog looks like Ziggy before I know it was your son too!
Guillaume said…
As usual, lovely pictures.
Rain said…
Good for you for not making a scene! ;) Oh...those cheese and potato pierogies look so good!!! I need to eat!!! Ugh. The W's are so happy, so glad you had a nice time!
chickpea678 said…
That black sign about crazy barking dogs is my house minus the s for plural.

Can I come live with you for the fall and accompany you to these festivals? Because I need to be fed a piping hot pierogi too 😆