A Fall Treat for Two Sweet Kids





My great niece and nephew both started new schools a few weeks ago and they have been crazy busy.  I thought I would send them a Fall treat to share with their new friends and to take in their lunches. I made a bunch of these caramel/chocolate pretzel rods.

 They are really good and so easy to make! 


 Spread the ends of the pretzels with melted caramel leaving enough uncovered to use as a handle.


 You can roll them in anything you want; I used Fall jimmies.  Chopped nuts or coconut would be good too.

 Melt some really good chocolate.


 Refrigerate the pretzels coated in caramel before coating them in chocolate to make the chocolate set up fast.

 Refrigerate them for an hour and then wrap them in waxed paper.


 These are not very attractive but they are tasty.  They are Martha's Ne Plus Ultra cookies.  They have chocolate chips, toasted pecan pieces and raisins in them. They came out a bit flat because my eggs were too big.  I buy local eggs and they tend to be bigger than store bought.

And I made them their favorite giant chocolate chip cookies.  I'm betting their parents ate some too!

Comments

Now THAT will encourage them to go to school!
Karen said…
I have been looking for recipes to make caramel chocolate pretzels for Christmas! Can you please tell us what caramel you used or made! Also did you just melt food eating chocolate?

Thank you so much! I just love all the recipes you give us and get so many compliments when I make them !
Leanna said…
They are so lucky they have you to make such awesome treats for them.
Rain said…
Lucky kids! Next shopping day I'm going to look for those large pretzel rods.
Christer. said…
They look dangerously delicious :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
My son would love these. Me too, for that matter.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
you can just melt kraft caramels and use any kind of chocolate you like!
chickpea678 said…
What a wonderful treat!!! I’m betting you’re right that the parents are a few of those cookies lolololol!