SNOW


 I looked out front yesterday morning to find my pumpkins covered in snow.  It snowed most of the day though we didn't get much accumulation.



 Winnie was like....pffffft, I want to play in the snow!  Willie just wanted to take a little nap.

My leaves are still green and few have dropped so it was weird to see them covered in snow.

I made gingerbread bars for Thanksgiving.

 The Recipe:

A simple thin icing made with a bit of milk, vanilla and confectioners sugar is perfect to top these bars.

In the bowl of your mixer, combine the following ingredients:

1 C. butter
1 C. white sugar
1 C. light brown sugar
1 large egg
3 T. molasses
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2-1/2 C. flour

Mix until you have a smooth dough.  Press this evenly into a 9X13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  Let cool and spread with icing.  I refrigerate these before slicing.


My turkey gravy.

And on the coldest day on this date since 1922, my furnace broke.  Fun times. It's 12 degrees here right now.  My house is 40.

Comments

Marcia said…
Looks like you'll have to do some serious baking to warm the house. Have the fireplaces lit? Woodstove?
I hope the furnace guy comes soon!
Rain said…
Oh yum the bars look great and where the heck is Willie's face under all that fur lol? Oh gosh...I hope your furnace guy comes soon! I've been there and it's not pleasant to be cold in the house!
Leanna said…
Your puppies are loving this weather, aren't they? Finally an end to the heat. Your fireplaces should keep the house comfortable. I know first hand because my parent's house has on in the living room and one in the den, opposite ends of the house. Dad loved a roaring fire in the winter instead of the furnace going.
Christer. said…
I'm glad You got snow since I know You really like it :-)

Those gingerbread bars look much like our Skånska gingerbreads and we love to have butter and any kind of cheese on ours :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
Oh I miss our snow so much!
That is rough to lose heat in 12 degrees. I guess you can bake lots and keep it sort of warm. I am curious what you are doing to stay warmish--fireplace, heaters.