Stasui and Anna

 I've been making pomanders.  I have a very sore pointer finger.


 I was taking some pics at the guest house and I thought I would show you Stasui and Anna.  They are my Polish cooks.


 Stasui keeps a close eye on me when I am cooking.  He is watching for mistakes.


 Anna thinks he is full of shit.


 As I interact with the Polish cooks, The W's race around in their woods.  There are bad kitties and squirrels to be dealt with.

 They look high and low.

 Winnie is the true hunter, Willie just sort of follows her direction.

But they are both good power nappers once they have reconnoitered the area.

Comments

MaryO said…
In my next life I would Like to be one of your Chows! 😁
MaryO1230
Susan said…
I am glad you have such fierce protectors. They have a lovely woodland. I think the Polish cooks would give me the heebiejeebies.
Mmmmm, clove-studded oranges smell so good! Hint -- use a thimble.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
you can't use a thimble, it breaks the heads on the cloves.
Leanna said…
I loved what you said about Stasui and Anna. So cute. I often wonder what would our dogs ever do if they caught a squirrel or cat. I often wonder.
Guillaume said…
I love the pictures, as usual. My mum once made pomanders, I think. we also made something similar with Wolfie for Christmas once. A decorated orange with a candle stuck in it.
TARYTERRE said…
love the pomanders. winnie and willie are so sweet.
Bee Haven Bev said…
ok.... next time, wear a thimble!! Can't wait to see you decorate for the holidays!! And your Thanksgiving spread puts me to shame....not even gonna tell you what we are doing this year! HAHA!!!
Bee Haven Bev said…
Oops... forget the thimble......just read the comments before. and I thought that I had a moment of brilliance!! HAHAHA~
I have a soft thimble and a leather thimble that are soft as my finger and probably would not break the clove.
Rain said…
Stasui and Anna are awesome!!! I love it! Oh your poor finger...I had "pommander finger" last year too. I have six oranges in the freezer that have been there for months, I have to defrost them and get going on mine too. The W's are great nappers!!
Jan said…
You should use a silicone thimble. They work great. I used mine to stud kumquats. I hung them on the tiny tree on the front porch last year.