Christmas Day 2019

 We started Christmas Day by eating the breakfast that I made.  Of course, I forgot to take pics of almost everything.


 I made these cinnamon buns.

 Topped with an eggnog frosting.


 We also had lots of sausages and ham.






And bacon.  The main course was avocado toast.


 And this is my new toy....a Revolution toaster.  I am a toaster fanatic and this is the coolest one ever.

 You touch the pic on the screen to select the way you like your toast prepared and it toasts it to that color.




It does all kinds of other things too.  I will happily be playing with this for a while.


 The best part of the day was enjoying Christmas Dinner prepared by The Chef at my daughter's house.

The Menu:


Christmas Dinner 2019
Appetizer
Gin cured salmon, quick pickled cucumber, watercress, cured egg yolk

Salad
Shaved beets and radish, pink and black salt butter, minus 8

Soup
Fennel and shrimp, pancetta, goat cheese

Pasta
Tagliatelle, red pepper, really good olive oil, parsley, anchovy

Entree
Braised Short ribs, smoked polenta, carrots, Brussels, gremolata

Dessert
Fresh fruit & chocolate cups 
 
How did I get so lucky to have a chef in the family?
 

 This salmon was the best I've ever eaten. He cured a raw egg yolk in salt and sugar until it looked like an apricot and then grated it over the salmon....outstanding.

 I love radishes so he made these especially for me. Exquisite...I ate almost the entire platter myself.



I love fennel so he made this fennel and tomato soup. It had poached shrimp and pieces of crunchy pancetta floating in it... Scrumptious.

 These braised short ribs fell apart when you touched them with a fork.  Delicious.

 He also knows that I love his homemade pasta so he made a big bowl of it.  Delectable.


 I mean...really?!!!

It was served on this creamy, smokey polenta topped with roasted red carrots and tiny Brussel sprouts....decadent.

It was a gustatorial experience to say the least.  Thank you Chef!!!


Comments

What a feast! Sounds like it was The Chef's big loving hug to all of you and you in particular, Joyce!
Susan said…
How wonderful to have someone (and so talented!) cook for YOU! Everything looks amazing!
Leanna said…
Wow, everything looks so awesome. The great thing is that someone else did all the great cooking and you just happily enjoyed it all. Lucky lady.
Teacats said…
OMG!! That dinner looks amazing!! Blessed Yule to you all! Such loving hospitality is the Deepest Magic of All!

Cheers! Jan at Rosemary Cottage
TARYTERRE said…
wow . your dinner looked wonderful. something for every one. lucky indeed to have a chef in the family. your cinnamon rolls look scrumptious, especially with that frosting. hope you have a happy new year .
You are so lucky to have someone cook all your favorites.
Rain said…
GUSTATORIAL!!! I love it!!! :) Everything looks so good, oh I miss eating sausages!!! The salmon ooh lala! Very lucky indeed! Your toaster is great!